Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Buying credits with points.
This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Faern.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Zakattack Participant
      December 29, 2014 at 10:03 pm #24516

I think you should be able to spend points to be able to start with more than 50000 credits, much like you can with levels.

• quorcore Member
      January 7, 2015 at 12:35 am #24523

This makes sense. If you are creating a character who was born into some rich family, it would be crucial to your RP to be loaded at character creation.

• Xavious Participant
      January 7, 2015 at 12:22 pm #24524

I’m Xavious, and I approve this idea.

It would need a few restrictions like a max limit of some kind. I suppose the 2 million carry limit might be adequate. Then it would merely be a matter of coming up with a reasonable point to credit ration. 1-2 point per 1,000 credits sounds about reasonable to me. That would cost around 2,000-4,000 points for 2,000,000 credits.

• Kirash Participant
      January 8, 2015 at 11:20 am #24528

Why? Credits are ridiculously easy to get.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      January 8, 2015 at 12:27 pm #24529

I think if we removed the bullshit credit sink that is training stats, everyone would be better off.

• Kirash Participant
      January 8, 2015 at 1:15 pm #24530

That would alleviate some problems. People can complain about things costing so much, but it’s basically inflation. Credits are easy to get. The value of credits are very low. Therefore it costs more to get the value of the product. Also, people are greedy bastards 😛 but more because of inflation.

• neven Participant
      January 9, 2015 at 12:31 am #24531

I also feel like “why” but at the same time “why not?” Letting people spend account points on credits, BECAUSE credits are so easy to get anyway, isn’t like it’s gonna help people get more points to buy more forcers or something I guess. On the other hand removing the stat training is still something I’m all for if that’s what this is mostly about.

• Seryb Participant
      March 3, 2015 at 2:17 pm #24838

Training stats used to cost 200 credits. Why did we ever go up from there? If people want to buy credits with points I’m fine with that but stat training should go down regardless.

• Faern Participant
      April 22, 2015 at 8:28 am #25187

Man this idea has been kicking around for years hasn’t it? Starting with more than 50k, particularly by being able to purchase it, would be pretty keen. The stat training seems more like a way to slow new characters down before they can be really effective, a gate on top of leveling and adepting skills…but having all that together just seems a little much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.