This topic has 38 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by Faern.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
    • Hashi Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 10:40 am #23903

In most cases, it was grouped combat mains that got carapace at the beginning of the TL. So can it be again.
      I think the day of the BH is over and done with and it would probably be better for the game overall if the class was eliminated. I like playing the class just to screw around but they really don’t add much of anything to IC dynamics or to advancing the storyline. Diversity of Combat Mains would add more to the game.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 10:49 am #23904

i don’t know we’d probably do what i had to do and bring a friend along

• Ralen Keymaster
      March 24, 2014 at 10:58 am #23905

We won’t be abolishing the ‘Bounty Hunter’ class, it’s too iconic to star wars (in the same vein as pilots, smugglers and forcers are) even if it’s not often played properly to that end.

I am not adverse, however, to looking at retooling/adding some skills, and perhaps trying to find a middle ground on the movement cost/implementation of lunge as it seems to have been gimped into nonexistence.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 11:04 am #23906

Well that’s too bad, and pretty weak reasoning. There is no bounty hunter ‘class’ in Star Wars. There are, however, skilled fighters who take up bounty hunting as a profession, and this wouldn’t stop that. And if you really want to stick with “because iconic” then what about the Bounty Hunters Guild? That’s a pretty big thing throughout Star Wars. A clan that could be comprised of combatants who could actually be given contracts to hunt down bounties that isn’t full to the brim of an overpowered class? Nah, why do that when we have Incom and the Trade Federation to choose from.

• KoolAidMan Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 11:20 am #23911

I could get behind more tweaks to BH. But in retards to diversity, I will simply ask. Wouldn’t undoing the level nerf go a long way to improving diversity?

And by level, I mean the stat nerf from the beginning of the TL

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 11:39 am #23912

Yes, but considering the staff opinions that were given during the major levelnerfbitchfest that took place at the beginning of the TL I don’t think that’s happening.

• Ralen Keymaster
      March 24, 2014 at 1:06 pm #23914

It is not happening, because it was not a nerf. It was a reset of a massive unintentional buff to all races that was in for ONE timeline only. Since no-one has bitched about how terrible the racial levels were for the last 6-7 years prior to that, well…

• Xavious Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 3:35 pm #23915

I don’t support eliminating the bounty hunting class. If it isn’t having the impact on the game that it should be, then I hold the players responsible. I also agree with Ralen about it being iconic to Star Wars and I think most game developers agree. Bounty hunter is a class in TOR and there are even Star Wars games based entirely on bounty hunting. I’m not saying these other games justify its existence, but personally I couldn’t imagine LOTJ without a bounty hunting class. Merging it into combat would bloat a class that is already brimming with skills compared to other classes.

Personally I think bounty hunting has suffered from all the nerfs it has had. I feel like if a balance can be found between “unstoppable death machine” and “hey check out my vibro-butterknife,” the class might start to gain some appeal again. The way it stands now, most people would rather go combat with a decent amount of bounty hunting for track or limber and forgo the useless blade skills.

On another note I would definitely love to see tweaks, re-works, or even new skills. Flamethrowers and rockets with AOE damage would be pretty awesome and I think both have been mentioned quite a few times in the past.

• Kirash Participant
      March 24, 2014 at 5:47 pm #23918

I am going to make a BH now and order dual vibro butter knives. Thanks for the idea.

I’ll be an Executive Chef turned Bounty Hunter. I’m thinking Besalisk.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      March 25, 2014 at 2:34 pm #23920

Oh yes, blame the players, probably the best game design philosophy out there.

• Direz Participant
      March 28, 2014 at 2:28 am #23935

flame throwers, yeah!

Kirash, i’m digging the concept. Do it.

• Henk Member
      May 3, 2014 at 8:17 am #24069

I can totally understand why there should be a bounty hunter class.
      I do not understand why Bounty Hunters need to be so much better with combat then regular combatants.
      I’d just like to see the BH class be more focused on ‘specials’ instead of general combat.
      So my suggestion, more or less, is to take away a bit from the BH’s combat abilities and instead give them more special abilities that aid them in their role of actually hunting down players instead of just killing them.

current skills:
      Vibroblade Mastery> moved to Combat
      Limber: Either removed all together, or the +5 bonus reduced to something like +2
      Circle: You’ll scream and yell and hate me for this; removed all together, or potency greatly reduced (less damage/longer delay, but still a bit better then kick)

New BH skills:
      Forced entry: Similar to the clan empowerment, this BH skill allows a BH to hunt down a target even there where they feels safest; their own homes. They should have some kind of rp backing before breaking into a home; as in not entering homes at random, but rather entering a home after suspecting a target ran into it/one, having tracked them there, having seen them run into it etc.

Investigate: [investigate greet/dub] Usable at landing pads, this skill allows a BH to ask local spaceport officials if they have seen a certain individual, and if so, what ship they went into. Useful when they managed to get away. Only works if said individual was there in the last hour; the most recent entry will be used; such as: XX entered this ship, or, XX left to the south.

Advanced Disarm; removed as combat feat, added as BH skill. For those who don’t know what it does, it allows you to disarm others while not holding a weapon yourself.

Unrestricted vision: Either a skill or a feat, this allows a BH to wear infrared-goggled without suffering a combat penalty

Not sure how such a way of dealing with it would be liked by the rest of you but w/e.
      Also, you can get Lylek parts the hard way; a regular combatant with an iron will or a small group can take them down

• Kirash Participant
      May 3, 2014 at 12:15 pm #24070

I think Backstab should be removed altogether or moved elsewhere. It was pretty pointless to start combat with Backstab even before sneak got moved up as lunge was an infinitely more useful combat starter.

I’m mostly in disagreement about Circle. It already has a pretty high cost to it, and if you’re fighting another person using blades, you’re about as likely as not to be deflected.

As far as your skill ideas, I like the idea of them, but people already go hogwild with warrant when they are empowered with it regardless of whether or not they have a cause to force into a home. Giving it to all BHers will only make it worse imo.

• Valens Participant
      May 4, 2014 at 1:23 am #24076

I have a lot of ideas actually on this and combat. I REALLY like the leadership subclass thing and have ideas around that. As well as some new Bounty Hunting skills and stuff. I’ll update with info later.

• kraine Participant
      May 5, 2014 at 1:38 pm #24078

In my opinion removing a class is a bad idea, what wouldn’t be a bad idea whoever would be to add more feats.

It wouldn’t even be a bad idea to make SOME BH skills into combat feats even if they are still a BH skill. Having a feat to track for combatants, for example, while still having track for a hunter but make the hunter track go through disguises so it is still better. That is a generic example but you get the idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.