This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 3 months ago by Raato.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Kyntomies Member
      December 2, 2009 at 10:02 pm #1326

Make different blaster types skills

Something like

Level 2 combat skill pistol

level 20 combat skill Rifle

Level (Something like hundred or even more…) Repeaters

Dual Wield should be BH skill.

And every weapon you have carefully coded will be back in game. Just like movies. Everyone got pistol. Some tough guys got rifle and cool bounty hunters like Jango Fett and Cad Bane got dual pistols.

• Avanga Member
      December 3, 2009 at 12:39 am #12765

I still think smugglers should get some sort of damage + with pistols, either a skill that works like blaster mastery or some sort of functioning sneak attack.

• Drel Member
      December 3, 2009 at 1:56 am #12766
      "Kyntomies":1mbdehvi wrote:
      Dual Wield should be BH skill.
      [/quote:1mbdehvi]
      I can not scream "no" loud enough.
    • Inactive
      December 3, 2009 at 3:17 am #12770

Um. Isn’t there already a blaster thread?

• Drel Member
      December 3, 2009 at 2:40 pm #12785
      "bollum":30bdyal9 wrote:
      No No & No all stupid ideas. No offense meant.

Blasters covers all of them.

its preference on what you want to wield not what you are told to wield by your level.[/quote:30bdyal9]
      I’d agree. However, as a compromise idea, maybe splitting up the blaster mastery skill into three, to represent specialization?

• Onasaki Participant
      December 10, 2009 at 6:46 am #12810

Once more, I find my self agreeing with RJ.

• Raato Participant
      February 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm #16716

The current system leads to everyone carrying the same type of weapon, so why even bother having pistols or rifles? Yeah okay, you can snipe with rifles and stuff, but that’ll make it only a secondary weapon.

• Kirash Participant
      February 12, 2011 at 5:16 am #16554

There have been some changes to blaster damage outputs to both pistols and rifles. I’ve seen people carry around dual pistols and be very painful with them. Most people carry around repeaters because: A) Compensating (and I don’t mean for skill weaknesses); or B) Preference.

Repeaters might still do more damage, but they are quite inaccurate. Pistols are pretty accurate, but don’t have the rate of fire that repeaters do. Rifles are sniping weapons. Plain and simple. Play a sharpshooter/sniper/Scout Trooper sometime. It’s actually kinda fun once you get the hang of it. Let your buddies go in and take the beating while you just pick them off from afar.

Course that just leads to another can of worms regarding gank squads and shit. There’s a big difference between playing as a team and forming gank squads, but that’s another topic for another time.

TL;DR – Blaster Skills, dual wielding, and blasters themselves are fine as they are.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.