This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 7 months ago by Gathorn.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      September 7, 2008 at 5:58 pm #782

Okay, here’s the 20 credit question…
      What exactly are autoblasters SUPPOSED to do?
      I’ve been under the impression for a while that they’re [u:196w5yie]supposed[/u:196w5yie] to act as point-defense systems that destroy warheads when they get close. But… as long as I’ve been flying (I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while now) all I can see is that they’re a very weak source of extra damage.
      Am I wrong?

• Rojan QDel Member
      September 7, 2008 at 6:21 pm #7746

As far as I know, they’re just less powerful lasers that fire automatically? (Or not, I haven’t checked in a while)

• Gathorn Participant
      September 7, 2008 at 9:14 pm #7747

They’re less powerful lasers. They do not fire automatically, you have to type fire autoblaster(I think). The difference is, however, that you can fire them more often than you could lasers with the same amount.

I.E. 5 autoblasters could shoot 15 laser shots, whereas 5 lasers would shoot 6. (This is not factual numbers, just random to illustrate the concept)

As to what they are SUPPOSED to do, I really have no idea. I always found them nifty to use on small starfighters if they had them, but nothing outside of that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.