Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Auto cargo deposit.
This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 12 months ago by Jarrun.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Anastasius Member
      May 9, 2011 at 8:17 pm #1711

Stemming from an old idea several players and I discussed over a year ago. What do you all think of a way to set clan ships to auto deposit a percentage of their cargo to the owning clans bank account? This would allow service clans to rent ships easier and for other clans such as republic or even the small engy clans they can enforce the pilots to donate. I honestly think 1 in 5 clan cargo runners actually donate. A simple command for the clan leader Makecargo shipname %% makecargo ship 0 would take off the percent.

• Corey Participant
      May 9, 2011 at 8:20 pm #17259

I’ve posted this idea before, so with that, I give it a +1

• Kora Participant
      May 9, 2011 at 8:24 pm #17260

Personally I don’t like too many things automated because I think you should be, codewise, able to cheat people. The more we automate the more we gimp IC criminals, and they have enough trouble finding interesting things to do as it is.

However, you have a valid point. Clans should have some kind of protection, even if it isn’t through automated code. We have the banklog command which allows us to look up how much employees have donated, if there was somehow a way to see how much money had been raised through cargo running that would allow any clan leader who wasn’t lazy to see who’d been cheating him/her. Though… a list like that is probably going to be incredibly spammy and take up unnecessary room on the server.

So uh.. I guess I don’t really have any other ideas at this point.

• Anastasius Member
      May 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm #17262

Well I would agree to the non auto system. No one keeps track anymore cause it isn’t worth the hassle. Everyone rips off the cargo clan system even if unintentional. While technically stealing from the clan would be a spyapp breach its to hard to prove. But thats for clan pilots. That’s why I want a way to take a percent. Easy enough way to cheat the system is to pirate the ship.

As for more clan functions oh god were to start. Shipsale log its so hard to prove when people steal from the clan. See who sold what ship.
      crew empowerment for engy clans so they can mod ships without full fleet access. make clandroids able to induct droids but not players. Its gimped cause if your new apprentice makes droids and needs to work with clan droids he can induct people. I had some more but I forget them at the moment.

• Jarrun Member
      May 11, 2011 at 5:40 am #17270

well, okay this might be an easy thing to do, and it might not, my suggestion is to make a donationleaderboard command (or automated bboard?) that tallys the credits earned by pilots with the piloting empowerment that are using clan ships, along with the amount of credits of they donate plus perhaps the last time they donated or something like that…it sounds radical..but don’t the imms already have something like this to track experience gained by players?..it would look something like this:
      [code:1sah8irg]
      Pilots|CreditsEarned|CreditsDonated|Last Donation
      bob |2,000,000 | 1,500,000 | 4d 5h 6m
      jim |4,000,000 | 3,500,000 | 2d 5h 6m
      bill |2,500,000 | 1,500,000 | 3d 5h 6m

[/code:1sah8irg]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.