Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium App-Back Restores(Era 2 Idea)
This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Bebop Participant
      April 8, 2012 at 12:59 am #18802

Ok, I don’t know if it’s just me but despite everything that the IMMS have done and the events that have happened, this Era(Era 2) has been a little slow and kinda boring at times. The reason I think is because of the characters that are around at the time. Nothing against the people playing the characters but right now we don’t have anyone who stands out expect for one or two people and that was due to an RP-Event that happened. So without further waiting here is my idea: I think people(players) should be given a limited amount of days to submit an App for restore of any character in this Timeline. Now the character must have a good reason to be brought back, such as they could contribute to the Storyline of this era and either make things easier for a major clan or harder for one. They would have to have had lots of RP and perhaps would be sufficent in RPing during this era due to background story, former RP, or ideals/gear(Equipment) the character had. Now I believe perhaps 3-5 out of all the apps actually be approved but I think it would be something fun for the players to get involved with, fun for the IMMS/staff to see who players want brought back and fun for the Era and characters in it to get to interact with these characters and use them for benefical gain or to go against them to prevent great loss.

• Altrez Participant
      April 8, 2012 at 7:53 am #18806

Ripping dead characters back into the timeline will only disorient things, I think, unless it’s done differently and with an interesting twist. I think the problem of standing out doesn’t really depend on the character, it depends on the player.

A boring player with a jedi is still a boring jedi. I actually half learned this last …timeline or era, I can’t remember, when I would just ‘react’ to RP, instead of going out there and making it happen. People should take more risks and try to think up things to do that will entertain everyone, not just themselves. Start your own story somehow and bring people into it, they’ll appreciate it.

Now.. I’ll have to go put my money where my mouth is after writing this.

• Baxtalo Participant
      April 8, 2012 at 8:23 am #18807

Characters die. The deaths of them pave the path forward, in some cases. As interesting as it would be to see Jedi, Sith, or other rise up from the grave and get revenge or at least try to, it does not seem probable that something like this would happen. It might be good for nostalgia and good to rouse a few moments of excitement, but do you really remember how that character was played? All of their quirks, strengths, and weaknesses? You cannot snap your fingers and assume a role as perfectly as you did months ago, it is something developed over time.

It is Era 2 because certain people died, allowing the Republic to turn into the Empire. Though it would be nice to have old characters with well-known names, you can just as easily create a new character and say “Look at the past, at what this or that person did, how they died because so and so decided they should be silenced. Now, that person was not so crazy, and the person who killed them is. Anyone else see the problem here?” or something along those lines. Live in the present.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating pointing at YOUR fallen character. Just important, well-known ones from the past whose deaths caused shifts in power.

• Kirash Participant
      April 8, 2012 at 11:22 am #18809

There is no reason to implement this at all. If the perm of App’d characters is valid, why should they be given special treatment over ones that weren’t app’d? It’s stupid regardless of the importance of the permed character. All it will do is increase the influx of frivolous restore cases with their only reasoning being “Oh I was important!” No no no no no. If they’re dead and it’s a good reason, they should stay dead regardless of whether it is an engineer or the god damn Emperor himself.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 8, 2012 at 11:18 pm #18818

This is a terrible idea for reasons already explained.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.