Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Analyze (Engineer Skill)
This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 16 years, 5 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Helix Participant
      November 7, 2007 at 7:57 pm #305

I know this has been requested a million and a half times but I thought I would post it here on the forums.

The Engineers who actually make the items need the ability (with a datapad perhaps) to analyze metals, substances, crystals, etc to be able to tell what the general usefullness of them are. It’s stupid for only Jedi to be able to analyze items through the force. I would like an ability (even if it’s level 100, 110, etc) to be able to determine the HR, DR, durability, special properties, etc of a material.

• Ranman Participant
      November 8, 2007 at 4:17 pm #2938

Although this kinda skill has been BEGGED for in all the three years I’ve been at LotJ, nobody ever seemed to care except us poor engineers and morties. However, I did suggest it would make a nice Engineering or Science FEAT.

• Valens Participant
      November 15, 2007 at 6:23 am #3159

we so need to do it. Engineers should have a way to know what the HELL they are making. Or, perhaps. Even make Compare more elaborate.

• adwei Member
      November 15, 2007 at 8:50 pm #3181

it’s possible, although rather costly, to work out a comparison system for blades and blasters. that being said, i fully support this idea for engineers, as well as a skill called "deengineering" or something similar, so you can disassemble an item into its base components

• Ranman Participant
      November 15, 2007 at 11:17 pm #3185
      "adwei":2u924m4o wrote:
      it’s possible, although rather costly, to work out a comparison system for blades and blasters. that being said, i fully support this idea for engineers, as well as a skill called "deengineering" or something similar, so you can disassemble an item into its base components[/quote:2u924m4o]

Disassemble seems really cheap, abuseable and would deter anyone from ever making good blasters. If something like it were to be added, maybe only some of the parts you’d end up, I’m no expert but some parts probably wouldn’t be entirely useful after being made into something, then attempted to be broken from it.

• Helbolt Member
      November 18, 2007 at 11:21 pm #3287

Perhaps a feat that would allow you to see an item like a Jedi?

Hell no to the disassemble skill. Wayyyy too abuseable.

• Helix Participant
      November 19, 2007 at 8:56 pm #3336

Disassemble is definately not something I want to deal with as a player.

Though I’m suprised how many people want this in the game (17/18 people or roughly 90%).

• Takrias Member
      November 21, 2007 at 12:28 am #3380

I voted the third option becuase I’ve never played an engineer before. I do however like the idea. Disassemble would be to abusable.

• Inactive
      December 4, 2007 at 12:09 am #3718

As someone who generally ends up playing engineers each time… I fully support this. It just makes sense that someone well studied in material sciences could analyze components better than someone who has no experience. There should be some differentiation. I dont know about a full out ‘identify’ type skill, but at least obsfucate it behind clever wording, a time delay and some sort of equipment requirement.. like a datapad or toolkit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.