Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Adopt a Noob
This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by illyduss.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Fergus Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 2:59 am #25785

Hey everyone, I’m Ferg, just got into the game and downloaded the mud on Sunday night. I’ve been reading over descriptions about who people were and what they did throughout the ages and I’m so f’ing in. This appears to be a very intricate and complex role play going on here and I’d absolutely love to get into it… But my goodness am I struggling. I’m wondering if there is any one person who may be willing to take me on as a project and help me to understand the game, how it works, so on and so forth. I understand simple movements and space travel but I don’t understand how a person is able to tell a mud that they want to board a space station and use it to blow up a moon that isn’t on the galaxy map. I don’t even know if that’s something that you give commands for, or if it’s just role played under immortal supervision or something. I realize the RPC and Immortals are there to answer any questions, however I find that it’s better to learn from 1 teacher at a time who knows what you do or don’t know rather than 20 who assume you know more than you do.

If anyone’s willing to take me on, once I get it, I’m here to stay. Thanks!
      Ferg.

• rakun Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 3:08 am #25787

I think whole community can help with it. 🙂

Well, blowing up moons and planets usually requires immortal supervision, but boarding a space station does not (as long as it follows some rules, like capitalrules, if the station is in orbit and unmanned). Sometimes there will be news with planets that aren’t in game, or are hidden, and you’d need navcharts to get there. Or know its coordinates.

I’m sure there are better teachers than me, though!

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 7:18 am #25797

Ferg, if I see you IC I will gladly help and pair up with you, even. I’ve been here for years but I’m just coming back from a long break, so any questions you might have to put me through the wringer on gameplay would be great for shaking the dust off, haha

Also, the RPC is always there to help. It’s their job to answer any questions you might have, though ooc is nice on occasion.

• Kirash Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 7:24 am #25801

You’ll find that there are a lot of people who will be willing to help. Some more than others. There are resources in game for helping new players like RPC channel, Immchat, and OOC channel. People will more often than not help In Character as well. As much crap as I give the playerbase, they do like to help new people very much. A lot more than when I started.

• Seryb Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 8:10 am #25810

Welcome to Lotj Ferg! I’m more than happy to help if we end up crossing paths ICly. Rpc and ooc channels can also be helpful for getting game commands down.

• Bai Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 8:34 am #25811

Welcome to LOTJ, Fergus. You joined ARC on the last day and I’m sorry I couldn’t help you more! I had to go to school! Joining the Republic or an engineering clan in the new TL will be a good place to get help as a newbie. I happen to be a newbie helper, and I know a bunch of other people are also. It was just a weird time to join…. though we are glad to have you!

• Seryb Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 8:54 am #25814

Yeah way to stick with it at the very end there!

• saria Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:26 am #25823

We got you Ferg! I’ll answer any questions you might need to ask. Perhaps saying I will TRY to would be a smarter thing to say. People can be cutthroat with their RP here but 99% of them are awesome at separating their RP from being a crazy person OOCly. Ask away.

• brendo Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:40 am #25830

There were a lot of newbies that came along the last few days of the TL. People were asking for gear and cybernetics and getting mad that nobody was helping. It isn’t always like that, newbies! It was a busy few days.

• Seryb Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:46 am #25836

Yeah any new players that came at the end I hope you come back for the beginning of this new TL, you’ll fine the player base much more helpful!

• illyduss Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 8:34 pm #25994

Psh! Help a n00b?! W-H-A-T-E-V-E! Lets lynch him!

Nah, just playing. I’m pretty new too and I’ll help you out if I see you. The OOC is pretty helpful for questions, just not IC stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.