Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Active web administration
This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by Xavious.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      September 10, 2015 at 7:39 pm #26894

So, what do we need to do in order to get active work done on the website? Does the staff need to hire someone other than Rojan? Is it a money issue? What’s going on?

• Walldo Keymaster
      September 11, 2015 at 10:47 pm #26895

Most of our efforts go into the mud, not the website. Anything in particular?

• StormRyder Participant
      September 13, 2015 at 2:42 am #26897

I’d love to help build up the Wiki with LotJ Related info like offline help files and Newbie FAQs if it ever gets reset from the bot attack it received.

• null.Breach Participant
      September 13, 2015 at 2:16 pm #26904

Looking for help? I admin my mom’s school’s apache. It’s wordpress based.

• Zeromus Participant
      September 13, 2015 at 2:29 pm #26905

Stuff like taking 5 minutes to renew the SSL certificate, fixing the wiki, etc

• Merrycheeza Participant
      September 13, 2015 at 3:22 pm #26906

Just a few things that I’ve noticed:

SSL certificate needs renewing
      Submit Bugs/Ideas link that goes to an error page
      Quotes database goes to an empty page
      Tutorials are outdated
      Wiki could use an overhaul if you plan on using it in conjunction with the website

• null.Breach Participant
      September 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm #26907

once the wiki’s back up and running, then there are things to consider like, is it allowed to put up quest walk-throughs? what about a master list of gear stats?

• Xavious Participant
      September 25, 2015 at 5:45 pm #26975

I’m glad to see that the SSL issue was finally resolved! Rejoice!

I would like to see some links on the website for “LotjClient” and the community plugins. So far the feedback for LotjClient or “X-Client” has been extremely positive. The client has helped a ton of new players jump right into the game with some awesome features built by the community and without the headache of having to figure out how to configure the client themselves. Including some screenshots would go even further to appealing to the masses.

Just take a look at the Aardwolf (consistently the #1 mud on TMC) website and the client they have. In my opinion, the client is what has really increased the appeal of that game. The mechanics of the game itself feel pretty stock and bland to me otherwise, but that client is pretty damn impressive.

This may look like I’m trying to endorse my own software here, but honestly LotjClient is a community project. Most of the plugins were made by Johnson and I’ve left the door open to other people to contribute as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.