Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Achievements – Yes…that’s right.
This topic has 29 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 9 months ago by Anastasius.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
    • Telestrial Participant
      July 19, 2010 at 8:14 pm #1475

This is straight up ripping off xbox. I don’t care. It’s a great system.

Think about an LotJ where people have point incentives to explore areas, to experiment with new races…or classes, or to try certain tricky quests (Tarentatatatatatatatek, anyone?). What MIGHT come out of this are accounts with much more diverse character sets…is this bad? I doubt it. This could be a way to really hook in newbies, too. Not only that, but old players could be rewarded for their time spent slaving over character after character. We could make it attractive to have a character alive…or dead…or whatever!

Please postulate.

• Avanga Member
      July 19, 2010 at 8:38 pm #14833

This was discussed a while back. I guess it’s no big deal unless people start doing things which detract from IC for purely ‘achievement’ purposes.

• Inactive
      July 21, 2010 at 9:03 pm #14835

YES

The following achievement has been credited to your account:
      Get permed 5 times by 5 different other accounts. Reward: 50 points.

10 deaths, 20 deaths, etc.

Perhaps pks too. 1000 mob kills, 5000, etc

• Avanga Member
      July 21, 2010 at 9:13 pm #14836

PKs would be a HORRIBLE idea.

• Kirash Participant
      July 21, 2010 at 10:48 pm #14837
      "Avanga":1rghupk7 wrote:
      PKs would be a HORRIBLE idea.[/quote:1rghupk7]

QFT. People already try to find every scrap of reason they can to justify a lame perm. This would only worsen it… if it can be worsened.

• Avanga Member
      July 21, 2010 at 10:58 pm #14838

(R|P|C) Councilmember says to you ‘What the hell are you doing?’
      (R|P|C) [Douche]: I’m going for a hat-trick!~

• Troll Participant
      July 22, 2010 at 10:48 am #14868

This would also feed aim cliqs. Definitely no to PK achievements.

However maybe 1000 successful launches etc.? Make it a newbie thing, a way they can get their first account points for a new, purchased character later in game.

• rakun Participant
      July 22, 2010 at 12:38 pm #14870

What Troll said. And of course that "Biggest/best/baddest/most <insert something here> in the Timeline!" when timeline starts changing, etc.

1000 launches, 500 skill adepted, killed in a silly way 10 times…

• Corey Participant
      July 22, 2010 at 2:48 pm #14871
      "rakun":2qjicvkz wrote:
      killed in a silly way 10 times…[/quote:2qjicvkz]

If this gets added in, I want all my backpoints I’ve added up over time

• SgtFlippy Member
      July 22, 2010 at 5:20 pm #14872
      "rakun":3au95mg9 wrote:
      killed in a silly way 10 times…[/quote:3au95mg9]

Thats actually a good one, call it "Cannon Fodder – Died to a Mob 10 times"

• Troll Participant
      July 23, 2010 at 9:00 am #14876

I don’t think death achievements would work. People would just roll a dozen chars and kill them off instantly, doesn’t really promote the idea of putting time and thought in your virtual you.

• Telestrial Participant
      August 2, 2010 at 4:17 pm #14937

I agree that PKills should be left out. It just isn’t something we should encourage….we have enough of it going on already. I like the amount of launches…and that made me think that they could be specific to classes….first 100 launches. First pirate ship destroyed. First succesful cargo run. First 100 mobs killed. First sniper kill. First finished piece of armor. First completed ship. ETC.

These were just a springboard. There is room for advanced achievements and like…crazy expert achievements. The reason it would exist would be more for NEW PLAYERS and not necessarily for old players, though there would be incentive for older players to branch out from their typical characters. The guy that always plays an engineer doesn’t have any of the combat or smuggling achievement trees….so he makes new characters. ….and then we have a more diverse character pool.

Postulate.

• Kirash Participant
      August 2, 2010 at 7:32 pm #14939

"Became President"

…owait, BHO already won that one… =/

• Inactive
      August 4, 2010 at 2:24 am #14945

I’d rather time be spent on new quests than for achievements for doing nothing.

• Anastasius Member
      August 4, 2010 at 4:33 pm #14947

Couple things, why not encourage pk? This is a pk mud. We do rp and pk. People really need to learn to accept that we do both. We expect role-play and we expect pk. Also there is once achievement in the game I know of but I agree it could be expanded upon. Pirate kills. I stumbled across it when that was the best way to make money, I got an echo after I killed like 500 for breaking the all time pirate kills record. I haven’t seen the echo since. I do know it wasn’t an imm messing with me it is coded in. I assume shit like this could be expanded on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.