Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium A suggestion on botting Slice/Secure
This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 3 months ago by Valens.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Prometheus Participant
      January 9, 2020 at 6:22 pm #31909

So I was talking this over with Imm because whoa slice/secure is grindy as hell. And I done Flurry a few times since I always liked combat. But I wanted to try something else. And I really like the whole hacking.

Now I know slice/secure is a very powerful skill. The reason it may not be botted is because not only is it powerful but also not exactly something you can bot with ease.

So I was thinking, why not make a Clan Accessible Trainee Computer. It would not do anything other then let you train slice and secure while botting. The catch? It should take longer on this computer than if you were actually doing it to ship/lift, since you are botting safely this time. And it should stop at like 40-50% with this specific form of training. So that it then require either real practice (ship/lift) or a mentor.

This would let newbie slicers like myself, who have less time, be able to do it but not let us off easy on such a powerful ability. Also notice you’d need Clan access for it.

So the gist is trainee computer that can allow you to bot slice/secure but that takes longer than an actual slice/secure on a ship/lift and that stops at 40-50% so that you cannot adept it with just that way. Yes sure at 50% the thing is going to take longer (see Flurry’s last 30% or so) but at least you’d feel marginally more useful and makes it easier to not spend four hours looking at the screen while I keep slicing and not going up once. Which is very frustrating.

Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Prometheus.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Prometheus.
    • Ehrgeiz Participant
      January 9, 2020 at 8:42 pm #31912

I know in the botting rules (help botting) it’s against any of these skills being used except ponder, study, makearmor and makeship and one other. I mean if it’s that hard to do then they should have something to help out or maybe there is other planets that you can try and be able to use those skills to get them up.

• Prometheus Participant
      January 9, 2020 at 9:17 pm #31913

Hah! I wish. Though I guess it’s due to being a game changer. So I guess just going to do it the old fashion way. But it was worth a shot to suggest. Never hurts to try.

• Prometheus Participant
      January 11, 2020 at 10:49 am #31915

I was given a hot TIP:
      For Slicer’s with 150
      Learn encrypt/decrypt
      Research to 90%,
      Proceed to encrypt and decrypt your file.
      The gains are much fast!

• Valens Participant
      January 14, 2020 at 3:41 am #31919

It’s actually easier to just save up the credits to get trained to 97% from one of the trainers. They can teach slice and secure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.