Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Upgradeship Tweak
This topic has 16 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by StormRyder.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    • Kirash Participant
      May 18, 2015 at 8:11 am #25267

Just asking for a small tweak in the code to allow upgrades to clan ships to be withdrawn from the clan funds and dismantles done to clan ships to be deposited into clan funds. I guarantee that you’ll be loved by all engie clans from here to forever if you do this.

• rakun Participant
      May 18, 2015 at 8:27 am #25268

+1

This would be pretty good and cool.

• StormRyder Participant
      May 18, 2015 at 9:16 am #25270

This would be awesome. . .no longer required to carry the credits or constantly asking for reimbursement after modding multiple ships.

• Sarac Participant
      May 19, 2015 at 3:24 am #25274

Obviously it would need an empowerment to be coded also

• Kirash Participant
      May 19, 2015 at 7:10 am #25275

I don’t think that would be necessary. You already have to be added as a pilot to a ship by someone with the pilot empowerment to upgrade/dismantle. Requiring another empowerment would be redundant and silly.

• Sarac Participant
      May 19, 2015 at 7:51 am #25276

But you need an empowerment to clanbuyship and clansellship because it gives access to clan funds… you might want to give someone a pilot empowerment without being able to access spending the clans monies

• Ralen Keymaster
      May 19, 2015 at 8:00 am #25277

I have nothing against adding this, but as someone whose played a grand total of 2-3 engineers ever, I have some questions about perceived implementation.

How would this work if you’re added as a pilot and modding another clan’s ships?
      Should this also be recorded in banklog, or would individual mods make it incredibly spammy to read?

• Kirash Participant
      May 19, 2015 at 10:28 am #25278

How would this work if you’re added as a pilot and modding another clan’s ships?

If the clan is outsourcing to have their ships modded (There aren’t too many that come to mind who would need to do that. Most people would just roll their own engineer anyway), then the funds should still come out/go into the account of the clan that owns the ship. Stripship should bypass this completely and still give credits to the person who has the stolen rights to the ship. If I am understanding the help file correctly, that is all that is needed for stripship (don’t need to be added as pilot). I understand that this brings up a problem where someone could pirate a ship, strip it, add themselves as a pilot (I am actually not sure if someone with stolen rights can add/remove pilots, but they shouldn’t be able to), and then upgrade/strip the ship to drain the clan funds constantly.

Should this also be recorded in banklog, or would individual mods make it incredibly spammy to read?

This was actually brought up to me by someone else and we agreed that having the individual mods posted in banklogs would be extremely too spammy. While some people may want to micromanage and keep track of every credit that shuffles through their accounts, I don’t think it is feasible to put it in banklog. I can’t think of an alternative though.

@Sarac
      : How about just adding it as another benefit of having the withdraw empowerment. If the clan leader decides to freeze clan funds, then there should be a line of code that checks for this. If the funds are frozen, then the upgrade/dismantle funds come from/go back to the person’s pocket. If they are not frozen, then they are shuffled through clan funds.

• Seryb Participant
      May 19, 2015 at 10:48 am #25280

With regards to the banklog portion maybe just a single post that player x worked on ships with clan funds. If the player was constantly working it wouldn’t post again until maybe a 45+ minute break in work? Then leadership would see who all is working on ships.

• Kirash Participant
      May 19, 2015 at 6:40 pm #25283

I kind of wish that was how banklog worked where you could just see total withdraw/donate for each character who has used clan funds instead of the way it is now where you see individual lines for each transaction. I know that is how it works in real life for withdrawals and deposits in your bank statements, but with the mud’s finite resources and the threat of being spammed to disconnect everytime you check the bank log, it just seems better to go with totals instead of line items.

EDIT: I don’t really think it needs to be added to bank log though. There are already things that don’t show up on bank logs like clan pay and refueling clan ships. I think if someone wants to keep track of clan funds shuffling through upgrade/dismantle, they can just require their members to keep track of it, but to be honest, unless you are working on large ships or cargo containers, most of the costs are going to be extremely negligible when compared to most clan funds….especially since this is kind of geared toward engineering clans who will have a lot of credits if they’re run properly.

• Paco Participant
      May 20, 2015 at 2:14 am #25285

Suggestion: Don’t add this to bank log, at least not individually- if there is a way to add it as a group action (i.e., player a used a total of 200,000 credits on ship modifications, that’d be kewl. I would definitely recommend making it an empowerment, as certain upgrades can be particularly draining (and I don’t imagine the dismantled part credits are going into clan funds).

• Paco Participant
      May 20, 2015 at 2:18 am #25286

As for the empowerment would it be possible to have a triple ifcheck (ifcheck the ships owner, the engineers clan, and the engineers empowerment)?

• Ocerion Participant
      May 20, 2015 at 8:47 am #25287

This can definitely be very easily abused, if it goes with Kirash’s method of always charging the ships owner-clan. I have personally been the pilot added to ships I have stolen from the Rebellion, while an Imperial. All I would have had to do at that point, is start screwing with that, and it would have drained their funds? And yeah you can have the imms with their stern warnings and all, but its ALWAYS better to have the code prevent cheatery than the imms. Just felt like someone had to mention that.

• Ralen Keymaster
      May 20, 2015 at 9:19 am #25288

Thanks Oce, that was exactly the query I had in regards to this working. I’ll open a branch and do some work on this on Sunday or Monday of this weekend, but expect it to only withdraw from the clan’s funds if you’re a member of the clan with the correct empowerment.

Kirash, please submit a quick note on this via the IDEA command in game if you haven’t already so I can correctly allocate you some points for a used one. 😛

• Kirash Participant
      May 20, 2015 at 10:25 am #25289

I already did and I pretty much had the same concerns Ocerion did both with pirateship and with non-clan members being pilots on clan ships. Thanks for bringing that up too Ocerion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.