Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Suggestion: Controlled Crash
This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • maverick Member
      April 30, 2013 at 3:00 pm #21793

Give a mid to high level feat for smugglers that shortens the landing time from the normal to like 10 or so seconds.

The controlled crash would do a percentage of hull damaged in consideration with ship size… A starfighter would take less damage from a quick stop than a freighter

It could be a piloting feat instead but the justification for being a smuggler feat is that smugglers are supposed to be able to slip past blockades and the like, this would give them a coded method to represent that.

Thoughts and concerns?

Instead of just quicker landings, the same feat could cut the proximity alert in half as well, hyper could be activated at 250+ instead of 500+ to give a better incentive to take the feat instead of having something damage your ship every use

• Kirash Participant
      April 30, 2013 at 3:27 pm #21794

I like this idea. It would open up a new dimension to bringing in raiders to invade planets and stuff. Also, I would be more inclined to see the possibility of instead of just hull damage, having a random chance to disable your engines on touchdown because you’re really going in full throttle and something like that would tear the crap out of your drive systems. It would also deter cargo botters from using this to speed up their cargo running.

• maverick Member
      April 30, 2013 at 3:29 pm #21795

I like the ship disabling part, make a random table, hull damage and/or engine disabling. what about the proximity part? make it a second feat called Finesse or something? Or just include it with the crash?

If we include the proximity reduction, I suggest we change the name from controlled crash to Blockage runner

• Faern Participant
      May 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm #21809

In all honesty, I’d prefer the proximity bit over the landing part.

• maverick Member
      May 2, 2013 at 12:05 pm #21810

But as a blockade runner, you want to get IN and out at a quicker pace. Trying to break a blockade while having to wait for the 20-25 seconds of landing time, is suicide.

• Kirash Participant
      May 2, 2013 at 1:06 pm #21812

It would be a nice counter-balance to space supremacy. Like I said before, it would open up the option of quick in, quick out ground raids for a new dynamic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.