Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Slicer Skill: Wire Credits
This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by veric.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Slyth Member
      May 26, 2014 at 7:12 pm #24107

I was thinking about all of the skills that the slicers have and how much the class itself has progressed since I had played last, though I was thinking of something that was missing while I thought about engineering clans.

I think that the bank system should be updated so that a player may select an account that they own, or even open a new type of account, which credits could be wired into. For example, if a private bounty is to be paid, a hunter could collect an upfront fee on the bounty he has been hired for, the clan that put the fee into an account that the hunter owns which is able to be protected.

This may take away from RP somewhat by allowing people to stay farther away for longer, but even if the account was a company account and only companies could be wired money I think this would be a pretty nifty skill.

The person putting the money through to the wired account would also have to be in the bank.

• KoolAidMan Participant
      May 26, 2014 at 9:40 pm #24108

Also makes ransoming people easier. Not that it wasn’t easy already.

• Direz Participant
      May 27, 2014 at 10:31 pm #24109

Also makes collecting payments larger than 2 mil as well

• Archeon Participant
      May 29, 2014 at 11:20 pm #24112

It adds a depth of roleplay, never before seen to the mud.. Cause its not in the mud ;p

• Zeromus Participant
      May 30, 2014 at 1:37 pm #24113

How is this any different than the thing we already do where we put up an account and have the recipient hack the funds out?

• Archeon Participant
      May 30, 2014 at 3:38 pm #24114

You can ‘transfer’ credits to someone? Instead of taking them? via hacking?

• Zeromus Participant
      May 30, 2014 at 6:19 pm #24115

Let me rephrase: Why does the game need a new mechanism for something that can already be done?

• Archeon Participant
      May 30, 2014 at 7:26 pm #24116

Well, my dear sir. In the lovely world of real life. We have money transfers, due to convenience, geographical locations/differences in where people are.. Just think in those terms about our mud.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm #24117

Good, I understand that it exists in real life. In game life, why do we need a new function to perform a utility that already exists?

• veric Participant
      May 31, 2014 at 10:39 am #24118

because not everyone has hacking

• Zeromus Participant
      May 31, 2014 at 12:38 pm #24119

They sure don’t, but I’m willing to bet they have a friend who does. It is a multiplayer game, they can interact with other people. I assume not everyone would have “wire credits” anyhow.

• veric Participant
      June 1, 2014 at 8:57 am #24120

agreed however hacking is mid level ability. wire credits sounds more like a everyday banking function that anyone can do at a western union. there is nothing really all that skillful with putting credits into another account number.

let’s expand on this perhaps.. how about a slicer skill that obscures wire transfers so it doesn’t show up when tapped in a bank junction?

a skill that flags an account with ‘hidden transfers’ or the opposite it flags an account so it alerts the owner of the account (or someone who has the account # they’ve gained through sneaky slicing means) when a preset sum of credits is achieved?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.