Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium memorycheck modification
This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 2 months ago by Siradril.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      November 9, 2011 at 1:18 am #1771

it would be cool for long lived characters or very social people if you could specify the amount of time you want to remember

like i could do memorycheck 60 and then it would show me only people i’ve seen in the last 60 days instead of just spamming me out whenever i try to look at my memorycheck list

• CFnM Member
      November 9, 2011 at 3:10 am #17873

it would be cool if memorycheck didn’t overlap when you get informed of someone you already know about

• Kirash Participant
      November 9, 2011 at 4:24 am #17874

I’m all for adding more functionality to memcheck.

I know there were many suggestions before about being able to add little notations to the greets you have in memcheck so when you "memcheck <name>" you’d see your notations along with how long it has been since you last saw/heard them.

• Zeromus Participant
      November 9, 2011 at 11:30 am #17875

man that would be too cool

• Avanga Member
      November 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm #17876

It’d be cool if it showed what race/sex they are. Or at least, what they were when you were introduced.

• Kirash Participant
      November 10, 2011 at 3:24 am #17877

That would be awesome Avanga. Especially if they worked it with the current disguise code.

• Bai Participant
      January 6, 2012 at 3:47 am #18209

or if you could add like ‘mental notes’

• Gyndi Participant
      January 6, 2012 at 3:48 am #18210

Thinklogs

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      January 6, 2012 at 4:13 am #18242

it’s awesome when i do memcheck and there are like 300 entries and half are over 120 days

doing a memcheck on cobak was almost as bad as hlist

• Bai Participant
      January 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm #18337

yes gyndi, except with think logs there’s a point where you have too many. Imagine making ‘mental notes’ in think logs. you’d reach that point way faster. and it’d suck.

• Kirash Participant
      January 18, 2012 at 10:28 pm #18362

I’m going to shoot down the think logs comment as well as there are times when you could get to where you have too many think logs and think list gives you an overflow disconnect. It’s happened to me before. I would much rather be able to make little notations for dubs and greets so when I “mem Gyndi” it shows me my notations instead of just saying “Last saw Gyndi 0 days ago.”

It would also be way more organized than just putting it into think logs. OCD anyone?

[offtopic] Walldo can we please have the option to delete posts we make? Thank you. [/offtopic]

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      January 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm #18454

something i’ve begun to do for characters who carry 10+ comlinks and character with 25 int is to have a notepad file listing every comlink/name and information about it

• Siradril Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 8:28 am #18608

I was thinking about it for the past few days and then today I saw this thread. It is quite useful but the thing I wanted to say is related to memory; the greets and dubs. When people inform you of a person and the greets or dubs do not stack up? Instead they are cloned? It looks nasty on memory too.

I wish there was a chance to get rid of that by typing memoryclean X’s name to make sure only their working greet is left behind. I don’t really know how to handle the whole disguised greets that are with the same name. It just seems too confusing and too much of a rubbish to have 10 of the same person’s greet on your memory.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.