Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Track and you!
This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by Sarac.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • frumpalumpaguss Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 6:56 pm #25386

Hey there!
      So we’ve been discussing track up in IMMland, and I figured I’d reach out to the pbase for thoughts and ideas on track. What do you like? What do you hate? Do you think it is fine the way it is? Etc.

Nothing else follows.

• Xavious Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 7:07 pm #25387

I’m of the opinion that track is one of the few things that works really well the way it is and that it shouldn’t be tampered with. I would definitely hate to see a nerf of any kind considering how hard it is to find people as it is even with track.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 7:22 pm #25388

And so on the first day, the Diku Group declared the functionality of track. Let not this mechanic change, not now, not in thirty years, they said. Not beyond, they continued, for it is perfect.

• Xavious Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 7:33 pm #25389

While the OOC discussion came up I kind of rattled this off as an idea and people seemed to like it. If track were to change I think this would be an interesting way to shift the mechanics:

A system where players would actually leave behind a scent or a trail, so when they walk through a room they leave a variable behind that a hunter can track. It would say something like:

“You sense a trail to the east, that (is less than a minute old!| is several minutes old.| is less than an hour old.| has gone cold.).”

After 24 hours, or some pre-determined amount of time, the variable would be cleared out entirely for obvious reasons.

With this system you would also have the potential to encounter a situation where a player might try to track someone and it say “You can’t seem to find a trail.” even when the person they are tracking is on the same planet. This would happen when the target hasn’t entered that particular room recently.

Situations where this could get annoying: The target hails to another location.

Solution: “The trail ends, but you see an emission tail leading to the (bank|library|spaceport|hotel|etc).”

Another possible hurdle: Entering building/Spaceships

Solution: “You sense a trail leading up to (structure).”
      Solution: “You sense a trail leading to (ship name|a vacant landing spot.)”

• Kirash Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 7:49 pm #25391

I am of the opinion that track works fine as it is and doesn’t need any kind of updating/tweaking/nerfing/what-have-you.

• Seryb Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 8:51 pm #25395

@Xavious, the idea is dope in theory I just feel like it would be able to be abused so I am for track not being tweaked. You still have to be pretty fast to track someone down.

• Xavious Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 9:42 pm #25396

@Seryb: You’re probably right. My re imagining could prove to be too OP, but it might also send hunters chasing their tails, since it wouldn’t automatically confirm someone is on the planet.

Either way, I think the system works really well in its current from.

• bagz Participant
      September 16, 2015 at 3:11 am #26923

What if you left a scent and if you were not invis, any mobs who were in a room you passed through would increase the chance of a positive track outcome cause they “done did seen dem!”

• Sarac Participant
      September 16, 2015 at 5:15 am #26924

Don’t fix what isn’t broken

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.