Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Coming April 12: The New Timeline
This topic has 65 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
    • Oteri Participant
      March 17, 2013 at 1:03 pm #21329

Force rolling is illegal anyway. Force roulette sounds pretty awesome to me. I’m of the opinion we should give it a try. I want to see an all Hun/Oteri forcer timeline.

• iCoreyTimmons Member
      March 17, 2013 at 2:02 pm #21330

Force roulette sounds like a good idea to try, but with Daevos I wouldn’t want to leave force to JUST that. Perhaps a mix of both would at least put me, and I’m assuming a few more -RP Literate- players at ease. Why not both roulette and Apps? Limited supply, of course, but still. Best of Both Worlds, as Ms. Montanna would say.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 17, 2013 at 5:53 pm #21331

We are not doing force roulette.

• Quicksilver Participant
      March 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm #21345

It’s snooty to assume that oneself is -RP Literate-. Afterall, what one person considers deep and involving roleplay is quite possibly utter, worthless dross to someone else, whereas a similar situation or the opposite could exist. It’s a hard thing to quantify if you consider it objectively.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 18, 2013 at 9:57 pm #21346

It’s a moot point since we aren’t doing the forcer roulette idea, but generally we only pick a master and a knight/apprentice type of setup in terms of apps and let the rest of the force factions populate from natural rolls, so doing both roulette and apps would be redundant. But alas.

• Oteri Participant
      March 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm #21347

Shame. Roulette sounded like it would have been pretty interesting.

Any timeline as to when the first wave of cuts will be dished out? I’m pretty excited to continue researching and developing my character and I don’t wanna waste time if what I submitted wasn’t up to snuff or simply not as good as others.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 19, 2013 at 7:52 pm #21348

Are we going to see a level readjustment on the level we saw between timelines last time?

• Corey Participant
      March 20, 2013 at 12:37 pm #21350

Yeah thats the type of questions I want to know to be honest. Are we going to see any level adjustments. Are any races going to change in price/deposit? Etc etc.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 20, 2013 at 3:20 pm #21351

Oteri – We started weeding through apps on Monday. At this stage it’s mostly denying things that won’t fit, there will be an announcement either this evening or Thursday with a bit more detail of what we’re looking for in terms of Hapes/Republic stuff.

Zeromus/Corey – There will be some changes to race levels, new free races and the like, although I can’t say quite exactly what yet. That’s what this thread was about http://www.legendsofthejedi.com/forums/topic/the-races-next-timeline-thread/ If there’s anything you think we should look at, please let us know over yonder

• daevos Participant
      March 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm #21352

*has his fingers crossed*

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 28, 2013 at 5:22 pm #21391

Two very important points we want to make.

1) We will not be soliciting or approving force applications until vital timeline roles like clan leaders and senators are filled. We can’t start a new timeline if we don’t have clan leaders.

2) There has been a lot of discussion about the nature of force characters in the last few months. The staff has been listening. In the interest of a timely (ish) arrival of the new timeline, we will not be taking force apps for day one of the timeline. We DO plan to introduce them soon after the start.

If you would like to join the discussion or offer your opinions on force characters and their role in LOTJ, let us hear it here in this thread

• daevos Participant
      March 28, 2013 at 10:24 pm #21392

From personal experience, I learned that being a force character is a huge task and that I understand it now. I think the mistake I saw is that I wanted to go into the gray area as a jedi and I was dumb for doing that. I think the roles of jei are to be mediators of the peace to not sub come to corruption to be a Independence though from the Republic but also protect them

For sith, to manipulate to use the dark side to their advantage to further their own goals and ideals like palapentine did even as chancellor who put on a face of good.

• daevos Participant
      March 28, 2013 at 10:26 pm #21393

Wow bad grammar ahem.

Jedi: Protectors of the Innocent, defenders of the Republic but also Mediators who tries to avoid war above all else and never cross into gray

Sith: To manipulate others using the dark side of the force, to try and further their own plans

• Oteri Participant
      March 28, 2013 at 11:20 pm #21394

Are you sure it their purpose isn’t “just to have an excuse to perm one another?”

• daevos Participant
      March 29, 2013 at 12:39 am #21395

See I don’t like that, because after playing kotor and reading te Jedi did all they could to save the sith, they felt like they were brothers and only killed them when no other choice brought tiself

it’s the whole good vs evil rp about the forcers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.