Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Coming April 12: The New Timeline
This topic has 65 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      March 8, 2013 at 3:05 pm #21232

The staff of Legends of the Jedi is pleased to announce Timeline 2013, set for an April launch.

For thousands of years, the GALACTIC REPUBLIC has ruled the galaxy. Not since the Sith Empire was vanquished in the Great Galactic War has the Republic been challenged. But with this peace comes complacency, an inevitable result of a millennia of bloated bureaucracy. Ambition has replaced the rule of law, with those most-willing to put aside their morals seem to go the furthest. Through all this, an energetic group of senators known as the Reformers are working hard to fix the system, a task that may prove impossible.

In the depths of the galaxy stirs a pirate stronghold long forgotten. Previously thought inaccessible, a recent breakthrough has made travel possible. It is through the Transitory Mists that the greater galaxy has now been introduced to the Hapes Consortium.

“You should see what the queen mothers have built over the centuries: Their cities are beautiful, stately, serene. But it’s not just the homes or factories, it’s their people, their ideals.”

APPLICATION INFORMATION STATION

Above all, in your application we want to know concrete details about how you are going to play. Descriptions and histories are fine, but what are yourgoals? What does your character want? What will you contribute to the timeline  as an app’d character?

A special ‘next timeline’ app type has been set up. Send in all apps under there.

Chancellor – The head of the Republic. Is he at the heart of galactic greed or a reformer?

Senators – The lifeblood of the Republic. We are looking senators to contribute to the clan’s overall theme – ambition vs ethical. What side will you fall on? Help SENATORAPP for more info.

Hapes’ Queen Mother – Hapes was vaguely aware of the Republic’s existence but now finds itself thrust into direct contact. The Queen Mother is overly protective of her empire and suspicious of outsiders, as are most of her people.

Hapes’ Royal Family – It’s not much of a matriarchy without a royal family, is it? If approved, imms will work with you to fit you into the more-focused background of Hapes.

Engineering Clan Leaders – Engineering clans will be found in neutral territory in the middle of the map. We have no predefined names or situations, we’d like to hear what you come up with.

Misc Minor Clans – Let’s hear what you’ve got!

Sith, Jedi and Mandalorians – More information will be revealed at a later date.

Other fun character ideas – Send em our way! We’d love to see some interesting concepts beyond races you don’t have points for. Unfortunately, droid characters won’t be approved at this time.

QUESTIONS! (This section will be fleshed out as they ask)

Q: Will Hapans be available for play?

Yes! Hapans will be a free race open to all.

Q: Will formclan be open?/When will formclan be open?

At the outset of the timeline, formclan will not be open as everything gets

settled.

Q: Will Hapes still have their own exclusive comlink frequencies?

No. This Hapes will be fully integrated with the galaxy proper.

Q: You’re looking for Jedi and Mandalorians, can I be a Mandalorian Jedi?

No thanks 🙂 Lets try to keep things realistic!

Q: Can I apply for a Bounty Hunter Guild?

#Nope

Q: Are we doing a player wipe?

We sure are.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 8, 2013 at 3:08 pm #21233

Use this thread to get excited, complain (I guess if you wanna be a jerk :() or ask questions!

• daevos Participant
      March 8, 2013 at 3:28 pm #21234

I’m super excited!!!!

• Gyndi Participant
      March 8, 2013 at 3:56 pm #21235

I’m just going to complain that you didn’t use the idea I sent to the imms months ago. 😛

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      March 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm #21237

I am just complaining that Daevos is excited. =D

• Corey Participant
      March 9, 2013 at 2:07 am #21254

Questions that will come up: 1) Will we get proper points for characters at the pwipe so people don’t go into massive suicide mode? 2) Any new races that we can know about? 3) New planets or anything like that?

• Ralen Keymaster
      March 9, 2013 at 12:08 pm #21257

1) Up to the game owners.
      2) There are no ‘new’ planned races yet, though if a well-constructed enough application comes through we’ll consider it. One or two races are being removed from the list (Kushiban being the most obvious) but none that are widely played or that popular with the playerbase.
      3) Yes, but Play-and-find-out. 😛

• Kebron Participant
      March 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm #21266

1) Kawakian monkey-lizards, there are enough trolls on OOC that there should be more IC 😛

2) Will Cortosis be in game or will it be developeable? I don’t have a plan to make a hunter yet (I’ve got better ideas more fleshed out I want to try first) But I would like to make a Jedi Hunter if and when the Sith win and the Empire rises.

• daevos Participant
      March 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm #21267

The Great Purgeee

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 10, 2013 at 5:50 pm #21270

Good idea bad idea: Have no NPC sold cybernetics, have it be something that clans develop

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      March 10, 2013 at 5:54 pm #21271

Great idea, or greatest idea.

Amendment:  Make the NPC ones more expensive, and not as potent.  remove oxygen and vision, and have only NPC’s sell +2 max.  Make anything higher than +2 and things that have an affect clan developed.  =D

• Corey Participant
      March 10, 2013 at 6:51 pm #21272

Good idea to an extent. As long as one clan doesn’t have the market on every cyber.

• Gyndi Participant
      March 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm #21273

Great idea, as long as certain immortals don’t tell you not to even bother with things outside of x, because someone is already doing it.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 10, 2013 at 8:40 pm #21275

I am absolutely fine with cybernetics being develop only but gouge seriously needs to have its success rate tuned if vision cybers aren’t freely available otherwise every fight just becomes a gougefest.

Proof of this is every ground CG ever.

Also re: Frump they should be +1s, +2s would be kind of eh since the highest the imms will let you develop are +3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.