Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline The Galaxy Map!
This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • StormRyder Participant
      May 23, 2015 at 3:12 am #25294

A thought for capture bleh stations.

Quest like system with multiple legs and MPFLAG.

Opposing clan has to remove any space defense then board. Then has to do series of events on board in order to take control. During that time the owning clan can counter it.

I’m thinking like a capture the flag scenario.
      ClanA (owner) and ClanB (capture)
      ClanB Has to take points 1, 2, and 3 in order to capture. If they are run off from any of these points then they have to retake. Make it time delayed, so you can bounce back and forth every other minute and has to be done in sequence. Without all 3 mpflags active then capturestation Won’t work

• Quicksilver Participant
      June 25, 2015 at 4:56 pm #25464

A geonosis-esque CTF would actually be pretty awesome.

• Oteri Participant
      June 26, 2015 at 10:56 am #25468

Here’s a thought on capture-able stations..Maybe make it so it’s something that minor clans would be interested in more than major clans.

Mineral rich asteroid with an abandoned mine? Engineering companies now have a reason to employ combat mains!

It might lead to something like engineering clans declaring war on one another, sure, but the question remains…is the juice worth the squeeze?

*edit*
      -> I suggested a similar sort of system when the staff was asking for Imm applications (of course I submitted one. I don’t shy away from applying from anything). It opens the possibility of running mini events (heyo, where’s that event imm I’ve been begging to be allowed to do?), as well as a slew of in-game RP possibilities.

• kaoz Participant
      June 26, 2015 at 2:47 pm #25470

I like all three ideas. Base-stealing sounds like something that gets lots of folks involved.

• Paco Participant
      June 26, 2015 at 4:43 pm #25471

I propose also making these stations sell-able, and making them give bonuses to certain things: station ideas include construction facilities (for accelerated ship building), ore mining (for accelerated development), and trade hubs (for credit generation).

The idea being that they can be taken by force, or Engy Clan A could have developed a cool toy and now needs to recup some of those funds, so they sell their ore facility to Engy Clan B for half the cost of their development. Things like that.

• Kirash Participant
      June 26, 2015 at 5:31 pm #25472

A geonosis-esque CTF would actually be pretty awesome.

I know a couple of timelines ago, Walldo was working on a “Capture the Command Points” a la Battlefront version of Taris.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.