Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat State of the Forums (update ITT)
This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Johnson Participant
      July 13, 2012 at 4:52 am #19551

Okay here’s a screenshot of what the forums look like for me.

http://i.imgur.com/7XWvP.png

1) The colors are hideous please change it to something actually somewhat attractive or at least something readable… The screenshot doesn’t even show how difficult it is to read what I’m typing right now… It’s like a dark gray text on top of a dark green background and I can barely read anything I try to post..

2) I am not an IMM so I probably shouldn’t be seeing the IMMs only private forum…. just saying…

• Jinjin Member
      July 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm #19556

I am glad I am not the only one having issues with the forum. Also the white background makes it hard to see.

• Gyndi Participant
      July 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm #19557

Yeah, the colors are awful for me too. Especially when you’re writing a post. It’s hunter green background and gray-green text… Also, why can you see imm-only stuff? O_o

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 13, 2012 at 3:38 pm #19558

Yes, when Rojan updated our software earlier this week it reset all the custom CSS, I haven’t had time to fix it. What imm-only stuff can you see, and why are you posting about it instead of tellins us? Duh!

• Gyndi Participant
      July 13, 2012 at 6:02 pm #19559

I can’t see imm stuff, it’s in the picture Johnson posted. 😛

• Corey Participant
      July 14, 2012 at 12:12 am #19560

This new forum is horrific overall. Its an absolute nightmare to attempt to use it in general. It was hard enough to get people to use the forums prior, but now with the new change in forum style…and recently with this color stuff, I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to come on here.

• Kirash Participant
      July 14, 2012 at 4:54 am #19561

I love how people think this is a new feature. Learn to read sometime. Walldo said this was an accident that he hasn’t hat time to fix yet. Good job on assuming this is how things are meant to be Corey.

• Ralen Keymaster
      July 14, 2012 at 6:33 am #19562

Actually, I’m in agreement with Corey on this one. It’s clunky, tedious to use and the unreadable colour stuff has happened at least twice now in a short space of time. Far, far preferred the old forum system to this current one.

• Kirash Participant
      July 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm #19563

I would love to have forums of the old style without the flaws inherent to PHP, but coming from someone who only posts in the forums every now and then, I don’t really care either way. I would say with all the problems this forum layout has been having since it was implemented, going back to the old model would almost be a blessing tbh…despite the fact that we had to deal with spammers on an hourly basis.

• Corey Participant
      July 15, 2012 at 1:02 pm #19564

lol Kirash did you really just bash me for “assuming” something after you obviously didn’t even read my post?…then come right back around in your next post and state you’d like it back to the old way? Good stuff lol

• Kirash Participant
      July 15, 2012 at 2:44 pm #19565

Yeah I have a tendency to do that when I speed read while half asleep. Sorry dude.

• Corey Participant
      July 15, 2012 at 10:28 pm #19566

lol np, I got a chuckle out of it

• Kirash Participant
      July 16, 2012 at 9:33 am #19567

I’m sure you did.

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 28, 2012 at 6:33 pm #19646

I’m spent some time this afternoon cleaning up colors and making fonts a little bit bigger. After the last update Rojan did, we also now have a visual text editor.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.