Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Sound files for the mud.
This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by Flek.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Flek Participant
      November 13, 2013 at 8:36 pm #22959

A long time ago we used to have sound files for the swr code base. At key events they would activate. Well with another player I have been poking at it all day. Now its no longer in existence but the code is still somewhat active in lotj, config +sound.

So here is my current project, I am rebuilding it. With imms support we may add more in the future but for now I need help finding sounds. Ill rip them out of the movies if I have too but here is a working plugin and the few sounds I have so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldaylwq4t9dco5c/msp.xml

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/207honp6addsip5/jVIuqppky6

The 1st link is the plugin its set for windows 7 mushclient. If you don’t have windows 7 read the info to learn how to change the sound file.

2nd file is a replacement file for your current /mushclient/sound file, save it to your MUSHclient directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MUSHclient

It currently works for doors, helpfiles, and blaster fire. It semi works for logon theme but needs tweaking.

Make sure to config +sound after installing

• Flek Participant
      November 13, 2013 at 8:39 pm #22960

I need .wav files. Any audio file will do I can convert it.
      We have blasters, help file, door.

We need target lock, and calculation computer (for hyperspace)

(Edit)
      Got calculation computer still need target lock.

• Ralen Keymaster
      November 13, 2013 at 11:36 pm #22963

As I have said to Flek, the current LotJ sound support is robot terribad. ‘open door’, ‘read helpfile’, ‘fire blaster’ and ‘target a ship’ are pretty much the only instances in which sound will actually fire – hence why we put together a googledoc of all potential examples of where sound effects SHOULD play.

I’ve already said I’m more than happy to go through the code (it’s been something i’ve thought a lot about in the past few weeks) and fully flesh out when and where the sound protocol is used – ON THE CONDITION that any ‘official LotJ soundpack’ that we actually offer is comprised of proper sound effects from Star Wars – be they the movies, games or hell, even fan films. I will not, however, be lending any real support to something that ends up playing fart noises when you activate a lightsaber. This is something you can mod in your own time. 😛

tl;dr = if you guys end up putting together a fantastic sounding…sound…pack, I’ll add in every conceivable instance of game sound I can for you, and fully endorse it. 🙂

• Flek Participant
      November 14, 2013 at 1:26 am #22966

Thats the plan Ralen, the current sound pack is downloadable via my dropbox and ill be adding as we go along. I will filter out any retarded stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.