Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Something actually important that must be said
This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Johnson.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Oteri Participant
      July 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm #19465

Kudos, Walldo.

I really love how you’ve been more or less keeping tabs of the more public shit in the war and are actually reporting it.

For those of you who are completely oblivious, I am biased and on one of the sides of the war, but the news reports are honestly encouraging to me, both to get out there and do more and I think that even though it’s fairly simple, it does add a lot to the story.

So thank you.

• Altrez Participant
      July 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm #19466

Oteri and Walldo sitting in a tree!

M U D D I N G

First comes characters, then comes R P, then comes G N I reports lately!

• Gyndi Participant
      July 3, 2012 at 7:21 pm #19467

*starts flame war about how pancakes are really just flapjacks*

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 4, 2012 at 4:33 am #19468

Well thanks! It’s definitely a team effort, and we appreciate feedback like this. I agree that it adds a lot to the mud. Having things like the news command archive available really helps players catch up or get acquainted with what’s going on; very recently we had a new player join and jump pretty much straight into some neat RP because of it.

If we are ever missing anything, please let us know. I’ve had to hunt down some players and ask them to tell me about recent events, but I am more than happy to investigate a situation and write broadcasts once I know about it. It’s what I do for a living so it’s pretty easy for me to do. You don’t have to send us a whole broadcast, even just a simple ‘hey X happened last night you should do a GNI about it’ helps.

Maybe someday I will be able to write broadcasts and then schedule/queue them for broadcasts (as it stands right now, I have to manually broadcast them)

• Quicksilver Participant
      July 4, 2012 at 1:50 pm #19469

(Timers. Mushclient is your friend.)

• Johnson Participant
      July 4, 2012 at 9:43 pm #19473

Or in zmud/cmud:
      #alarm *30:00 {broadcast this every 30 minutes}
      #alarm 12:00:00 {broadcast this once at noon}
      #alarm -5:00 {broadcast this once when you’ve been connected for 5 minutes}
      #alarm +5:00 {broadcast this 5 minutes from now, then delete trigger}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.