Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Skill boosting rooms
This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago by KoolAidMan.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Ryken Participant
      November 11, 2015 at 6:24 pm #27325

There should be special rooms, unflagged, but perhaps descripted to hint, where you can gain skill ups faster for all skills belonging to each class.

For combat/hunters: Special training drone rooms or dojos where you can spar against other players.
      For engineers, special workshops.
      Scientists, libraries and research lab type places.
      Pilots special training ships that can maybe be developed and purchased, and when flown give big boosts to XP gained for leveling and skillups? (piloting probably doesn’t need a lot of help skilling up though)
      Diplomats/espi would probably be similar, embassies and cantinas
      Smugglers not sure
      Slicers data labs, server cluster rooms, etc.

You don’t event to make a big deal out of adding these in. Just enough descriptive elements to clue at it, and players can find them and utilize them to their own benefit by paying attention. There could even be multiple for each discipline mixed in sensibly. They’d just be simple rooms flags like slicer_dojo or whatever.

• veric Participant
      November 11, 2015 at 9:25 pm #27327

These are generally covered by quests and there is a slicer related room already (help explore!)

• Ryken Participant
      November 11, 2015 at 9:55 pm #27328

I don’t mean XP boosts, I meant skill gaining, stuff like flurry, slice/secure, disguise, pirateship, all the stuff that’s really time consuming and hard to raise.

• Olrac Participant
      November 12, 2015 at 10:54 am #27329

I’ve noticed in some cases its easier to advance a skill from 47-48% than it is from 97-98%. If this is the case, then why not make an item you wear, or a room, that lowers that classes skills by, lets say %50. So a combatant would wear a high altitude training mask, an engineer would work in a dimly lit workshop, a pilot would fly training craft, hunter would wear a sensory deprivation helmet, smuggler/espi would access an old hangar, diplomat/leader would dress like a bum, slicers would access an old computer lab, medical would access a cadaver lab, and scientists would study under the influence of a certain kind of spice. Just an idea.

• wash Participant
      November 12, 2015 at 11:55 am #27330

@Olrac: On most SWR-based MUDs, items that decrease a skill allow you to train that skill past 100%. For example, if you have ‘a bar of gloves covered in oil’ which decreases grip by 20%, you’d be able to get grip to 120%. You would likely need a code change to implement your suggestion.

• Olrac Participant
      November 12, 2015 at 12:49 pm #27331

My recommendation was based on previous experience from a dikumud that had a spell “forget” would lower all skills by 40% and made mastery cheese(or ruin your day in pk). This is the first SWR based mud I’ve ever played, and I only have about 9 weeks experience here so take my advice with a grain of salt. But I never intended in my suggestion for a skill to be trained past 100%. Is that what you’re saying, it would take code change to cap it at 100% and not bump it over?

• KoolAidMan Participant
      November 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm #27342

(ahem) This sounds likes an excellent opportunity to develop something with the education science and the feat quick learner.

Ryken-I don’t mean XP boosts, I meant skill gaining, stuff like flurry, slice/secure, disguise, pirateship, all the stuff that’s really time consuming and hard to raise.

Sorry, these are meant to take a long time for a reason.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.