Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline Moving skills around
This topic has 47 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 8 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
    • StormRyder Participant
      February 25, 2015 at 7:56 pm #24808

Are you saying that a camera placed by an espi on a planet can’t be wireless tapped by a slicer tapping the wireless systems on a planet? If so that’s a bit odd…but it could be because of a coding nightmare to make it work that way.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      February 27, 2015 at 1:33 pm #24812

Alright so it has been discussed on numerous occasions that having a medical main except for cloning. So this morning while I was on my thinking throne, I had an idea on something that could be added to medical. Essential it would be plastic surgery. Not for Cha increases though. It would be a more permanent version of disguise. This could be useful for people who are on the run from a person or clan. I haven’t had time to hammer many details out on this so gimme your thoughts

• cnemus Participant
      February 27, 2015 at 2:11 pm #24813

Disguise thread has been bouncing this around again, but I’ll post here to agree with Frump. I’d like to see a surgery to change your apparent race [more] permanently. I’d also like to see a in combat medic first aid skill, long delay like flurry [longer], maybe 100-500hp, needs medpac. Any reason for a combater to want to drag around non-combaters is good for me.

• Kirash Participant
      February 27, 2015 at 10:00 pm #24814

I feel like certain criminal activities such as steal, swipe, pirateship, and a few others should have an adverse effect on crime rating. It seems kind of silly to spend a billion credits for small gains with inspirecrime or rely on killing citizens which some people may not want to do.

• Seryb Participant
      March 2, 2015 at 7:23 pm #24831

I still want to see the sciences get a unique little bonus for adopting them. Forensics telling you what a person was killed by for instance. Medical being adept allowing someone who is using first aid to heal 15% more. Edibles allowing you to look at foods to see if they’ve any specific benefit.

• Kirash Participant
      March 2, 2015 at 7:34 pm #24833

(NOTE: I originally posted this in the Race Levels Tweaks thread. Part of it is in response to Paco’s mention about the leadership class. So look there for the source.)

I like leadership focuses, but leadership as a class is pointless.

Teach can be thrown into the Science at level 50-75ish.
      Research needs to be taken OUT of Diplomacy and put into Science.
      Jail should be a general command that can be used, not a skill. If you are intent on keeping it a skill, throw it into Diplomacy at level 30ish.
      Call should be a general command that can be used, not a skill. If you are intent on keeping it a skill, throw it into Diplomacy at level 1.

I do not think we should get rid of leadership, just the skills. Getting rid of leadership and allowing mains to teach to 97% for their class max is a decent idea in theory, but I feel like it would get way out of hand with the billion people suddenly able to teach flurry to 97%. Also, you can teach bounty hunting skills, but the current setup only allows for a max of 75% since it is not possible to roll a Leader/BH. If you were to remove Leadership as a class and implement what Paco suggested, teaching BH skills should remain at 75% max. Getting rid of leadership would have the downside of getting rid of the subclass bonuses. Granted, the only ones that really got used were Combat and Engineering, but you have that there too.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE make slice and secure teachable…even if you only cap it out at 75%.

I’m not entirely sure how the “bleed bonuses” work for all the classes. I know BH get bonus levels to Combat, Smugglers get bonuses to Piloting, Leadership to Diplomacy and vice versa, and Espis get bonuses to Slicer and Smuggling. If they don’t already, Engineers and Medical mains should get bonuses to Science.

I had an idea floating around in my head about “Science Specializations” similar to how Leadership works now. It would give a reason to roll a science main. I don’t really have the whole thing fleshed out, but it would give set bonuses to certain classes like Leadership does now. The upside would be getting these bonuses for your chosen spec (Medical, Engineering, Slicer, etc) especially with certain sciences relating to your spec being adepted. Since being a science main doesn’t give any level bonuses to the other classes, there would be a +to level bonus for the chosen spec (like leadership does). The downside is that unlike leadership, you cannot Science Spec just any class like you can with leadership. It would be limited to Engineering, Medical, and Slicer.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 2, 2015 at 7:45 pm #24834

You could have being able to teach to 97% be a feat for each class.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 4, 2015 at 1:27 am #24846

Since we don’t have tuning, it would be nice if the medical and enhancement sciences sped up the cyber skill.

• Paco Participant
      April 19, 2015 at 4:25 am #25160

What about a credit alternative to research? Make it a command that raises the skill by 15% like research but have it cost a thousand credits each time, or something along those lines. The difference being that this would be an instantaneous and successful research.

• StormRyder Participant
      April 19, 2015 at 6:16 am #25163

so you propose a credit sink that has guaranteed success and no wait time?

• Walldo Keymaster
      April 29, 2015 at 5:07 pm #25207

I’ve stickied this thread as we work to lock this in.

This thread is for discussing the actual position of skills. Think along the lines of moving call to level 1, removing things like gather and buildstructure, etc.

Probably no code suggestions suggested here are going to get implemented, especially complete revamping of things. I’ve changed the thread name to reflect that.

• Bai Participant
      July 19, 2015 at 5:36 pm #25613

CALL MESSAGE DRONE SHOULD BE LEVEL 1

• Bai Participant
      July 19, 2015 at 5:37 pm #25614

Also the slice and secure thing – dumb. Everyone should have to go through it if you’re going to be a good slicer. It makes being that good slicer that much more worth it.

• Corey Participant
      July 19, 2015 at 6:39 pm #25617

Scan should be a level 1 skill. There is absolutely no reason at all that someone learns how to use a blaster or vibroblade before they can glance in a general direction. Switch it with throw if you’re worried about losing a level 1 skill. The reason behind this is that there are several race/class combos that get 1/1 combat.

• Bai Participant
      July 19, 2015 at 7:29 pm #25618

Tell me about it. 6/6 combat as a human race. Ridiculous and makes no sense why I can’t even kick. But thems the breaks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.