Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline Moving skills around
This topic has 47 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 8 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      February 14, 2015 at 8:47 pm #24644

Are there any skills that should be made higher or lower level? Switch classes? Easier to adept or harder to learn? Discuss that and more in here.

• Domovoi Participant
      February 14, 2015 at 9:32 pm #24656

I think that Leadership mains should get a higher + to the sub class. It stands to reason that only the best soldiers are capable of leading others effectively, so why should they be gimped at 130 combat unless you pick some crazy class like Echani that’s 3000 points?

Also, perhaps other levels get a bonus as though the sub-class was the main class instead of bonuses that leadership gets? I know of a few people that chose leadership+combat simply because choosing leader gave them a boost to diplomacy anyway, so there was no need to pick that.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      February 15, 2015 at 12:05 am #24664

Domovoi: I’ve always made the argument that a race should get the highest level of the next tier possible if they are a leadership. Example: A base human leader combat main should be able to get 100 levels of combat, based on the fact that they average 31-70 combat (tier 2). Up one tier, and the highest level is 100 of that tier. That’s my take on Leadership, in any case.

• veric Participant
      February 15, 2015 at 2:23 am #24666

we seriously need to drop the whole forcers cannot be slipped thing.. it makes no sense that they can be stolen from but cannot be slipped. at the very least make it a skill to be learned/adepted for forcers AND non-forcers to notice if they are being slipped something.

• veric Participant
      February 15, 2015 at 3:11 am #24668

here are too many ways to counter a slicer main with a 150slice and a coprocessor. anything a slicer main can do a non-slicer main can do just as well for just a million credits. we need a definitive advantage for (classname) mains. something that rewards main classes over the hybrid 150/150/150 espi mains.

• Paco Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 2:46 am #24698

For the love of god, make slice and secure easier to adept.

• Paco Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 2:49 am #24699

Also, I believe scan should be a level 1 combat skill. It doesn’t take a lot of brains to peer into the next room. 🙂

• Paco Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 3:14 am #24700

Annnnnd the cyber skill should be raised to level 125. And, IMPO, they should be given a feat option at level 150 which would give a bacta bonus (say 25 HP) for every cyber. Or something along those lones.

• Kirash Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 9:30 am #24701

Lower makedroid and raise upgradedroid. It doesn’t make a damn bit of sense being able to upgrade a droid before being able to make one.

• StormRyder Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 11:28 am #24713

Don’t know if codeable but what about being able to make more than 1 Droid at a time?

I’d say no more than 2 though. This would allow an engineer to make their own Droid then be able to make one for sale without having to transfer his current one to someone else temporarily. I guess add the ability to select which is active and only that one be capable of following.

Also figuring out why owned droids randomly start attacking it’s owner when owner gets attacked by aggro mob. I’ve lost 3 so far on one character when I was exploring a couple areas.

• magrog Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 12:18 pm #24714

Maybe a feat that let you walk around Clan Bases without triggering Alarms.

Separate Stripship from tuneship and make it lower level or put it in tuneship instead of upgradeship.

• magrog Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 12:24 pm #24715

When you tail someone and are sneaking/hiding other people in the room you enter will see you coming in, right? I think that someone that is tailing others and are sneaking AND hiding should work as normal sneaking and hiding in a room.

• Xavious Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 1:12 pm #24716

@Magrog, I’ve suggested this as an espionage feat that would be called “Infiltrator.” It was shot down when I suggested it because everyone thinks something like that would be too over powered. Personally I believe it is viable, because an espionage main is generally low in combat ability, though forcers would be an exception to this rule.

Also, when you are tailing someone AND sneaking, as far as I know, no one sees you enter into the room.

@StormRyder
      , I’ve never really dealt with that problem, but I can see where that could benefit engineers when they are selling droids.

That droid aggro problem has been an issue forever and has pretty much made combat droids impossible to maintain. I too would like to see that fixed. It’s strange that called mobs don’t seem to have this problem, but droids do.

• Kirash Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 2:24 pm #24723

@StormRyder: Unless you are a solo engineer not in a clan, there really isn’t any reason to implement something like that. Clans have a clandroid function which allows them to induct and possess multiple droids. If they have everything they need as far as droids are concerned, there should be no reason why engineers shouldn’t have their droid slot available for selling.

@magrog
      : I think the reason they made stripship a function of upgradeship was because it was easier to code in and it forces you to work with someone to go on a crime spree of ship theft (something I don’t particularly agree with, but understand). There are very few races who have the level spread as an espi or smuggling main to have access to pirateship, upgradeship, and disable_security. I’ve looked.

• StormRyder Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 2:39 pm #24727

Did not realize that about droids. Still new here and learning the ropes of this code base. So coolios!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.