Legends of the Jedi Forums Share Yo’ Scripts Screen-Reader Friendly Race Table Information
This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by Johnson.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • bagz Participant
      March 21, 2018 at 12:26 am #30825

It was pointed out that our showrace tables are very difficult to decipher with a screen reader.
      This is my half-ass attempt at a solution.

http://johntotherescue.com/lotjraces/

Thanks to Nickneim for pulling a lot of the data scraping weight.
      Thanks to Skyfall for testing and feedback.

EDIT: Fixed Twi’lek and Verpine. All Races appear to be working. If you notice issues please let me know.

Thanks!
      bagz

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by bagz.
    • Madelyn Blocked
      March 21, 2018 at 4:54 pm #30832

I want someone to make a list by class rather than by race. Sometimes I want what I want regardless of what the hell it looks like. And it gives me a good spunkiness to the char when I’m learning more about an underplayed race. Think you could work something up for that, Bagz?

Youdabest

• bagz Participant
      March 21, 2018 at 5:08 pm #30833

@Rojan: thanks man! talking with some people who are using it and they were hoping it could get linked somewhere. I don’t mind giving up the source if you want to host it here or I am fine with hosting indefinitely as well

@madelyn
      : Most everything is possible, just a matter of doing it 😛 Can you give me a better description of what you are hoping for?

• Madelyn Blocked
      April 3, 2018 at 10:10 am #30838

@Bagz At one point I was making a list on excel, but it was when I was a major clan player last TL, plus dealing with RPC. I just didn’t have the free time.

Basically a chart like this:

………..Race1 Race2 Race3 Race4
      class1….4………..1………4………2
      class2….1………..2………3………3
      class3….4………..5………2………1
      class4….3………..2………1………5

And so on…. With every race/class like this. I feel like this would make it easier to say “I want to play a character that has 150 slice/secure/smug, what are my options?” or “What races have combat with high BH?” without having to look through every showrace.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Madelyn.
      • This reply was modified 6 years ago by Madelyn.
    • RussM Participant
      April 4, 2018 at 9:48 am #30841

Bounty Hunter levels don’t seem to be showing? It reads down Combat, Piloting, Engineer, Smuggling…. skipping over where BH is.

• bagz Participant
      April 23, 2018 at 9:55 am #30885

@Madelyn what you want is called LOTJRaceBrowser by johnson. its a plugin for mushclient.

https://pastebin.com/AgNJxVQ4 is my pastebin of it cause im not sure where to find the link.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by bagz.
      • This reply was modified 6 years ago by bagz.
    • Johnson Participant
      June 3, 2018 at 10:30 pm #30921

@bagz Thank you for linking my race browser script. There is a newer version on github than what you posted, just wanted to make you aware. Changes include highlighting of your selected class and level filters and some bug fixes to fix wonky behavior.

New version here!

Keep up the good work with that screenreader friendly stuff!

@johnson

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.