Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline Race level balancing
This topic has 42 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by veric.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
    • StormRyder Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 11:17 pm #25418

Doesn’t that kinda kill the idea of diversity?

I agree if you choose a main you should at least get it 150, I’ve had a couple mains that fall short by a few levels even with cybers.

I don’t agree they should get a huge spread across the board to classes that aren’t directly associated with it. Engi and Science, Combat and Leader, Leader and Diplo, Smuggler and Pilot, maybe.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 11:21 pm #25419

it only kills diversity if everyone picks the same class

• Rolek Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 3:17 pm #25425

StormRyder – Those sciences provide bonuses, but many races that would make good slicers are gimped by a science max under 100. If you have under 100 science levels your sciences can only be studied up to your level.

In general I think races that aren’t crippled or retarded by human standards should be able to get 150 in any main and 100 in science if it’s necessary.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 4:10 pm #25426

I agree, yet disagree.

Each race has its pros and cons. If you chose to play one that doesn’t get certain things you just have to RP appropriately around the code. Not every slicer will be a master slicer, not every engineer a master engineer.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 5:36 pm #25427

I think some of you are missing the point of how the bonuses work. A Gand Slicer, for instance, is able to break open every encryption with a coprocessor but isn’t able to secure to the maximum level. This is fine. Why is that? They get a shitload of combat and hunting and so are a better combat slicer than say, a Bothan. This is why I don’t believe that you should get 150 in your main no matter what. Another example of why that shouldn’t be a thing is the Echani race. If you roll an Echani Smuggler, it’s basically optimal for combat. The tradeoff is that an Echani Smuggler absolutely does not get 150 in Smuggling, because them having access to all of those abilities in addition to their extra combat capability would be ridiculous.

You can apply this to a lot of things. Just because it’s your main does not mean you should be able to do everything. You don’t have just one class on LOTJ.

• Seryb Participant
      June 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm #25438

You make a good point zero, I could see a lot of races becoming very overpowered. Still for the sake of giving extra diversity maybe picking a main like slicer for a race that normally has a 1-2 in the class gets you to a high 3 or low 4. Might still lead to some twink races haven’t really looked at them much lately.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 17, 2015 at 1:37 am #25439

Hey if there are any race level spreads you would like changes, races more common (and how to make them more common) things like that, now is the time to speak up.

We aren’t going to make 150 levels in your main happen.

Also, the OP previously said don’t use this thread to discuss things like “Bothans should get more diplomacy” but that was dumb and is no longer the case.

• brendo Participant
      June 17, 2015 at 10:44 pm #25442

There should be at least 1-2 races that get 150 in both leadership/subclass for every possibility. More rewarding (smuggling, espionage, slicer (if slice/secure become teachable, otherwise its mostly crap)) combinations should be expensive to obtain, with a a CHANCE to get 150 in both (think 3x 150 espy mains. There’s a very GOOD chance you won’t get it).

• Seryb Participant
      June 19, 2015 at 9:33 am #25450

I think aqualishs could be tweaked or lowered in price. I would like to see Rodians more available as well.

• Kirash Participant
      June 19, 2015 at 12:27 pm #25451

Kaminoans need a bump up in price. Say 1000/500.

I would like to see Rodians more available as well.

Rodians were once free many moons ago. I think 1000/1000 is a bit much though. Maybe 1000/500 or 1000/0.

As I stated before, Jawa pilot mains need to be fixed. Not getting a 5 as a Pilot main, but getting it as a Smuggling main is a little dumb…especially considering the +3 natural dexterity Jawas have. They should also have their price raised back to what it was (2000 total I believe).

I would like to see Gungans made free, but that’s just because I would find everyone’s annoyance at that amusing. Aside from that, I think they were free once. They’re not exactly a game-breaking race. Just a sanity breaking one.

Is there any particular reason Feeorin are app only? I don’t really know much about Feeorin. Their level spreads and stat rolls are about as generic as they come without being a Human.

I think 1500 for Pau’an is a little on the high side. Personal opinion. What do they excell the best at outside of their main class? Diplomacy, Leadership, and Science. They’re basically an alien version of Hapans with worse stat rolls…and Hapans are free.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 19, 2015 at 1:02 pm #25453

Level spread wise, Feeorins are actually very close to Lorrdians with a higher base HP and more piloting, so no they aren’t generic as they come without being a Human.

• Corey Participant
      June 19, 2015 at 2:19 pm #25455

I would like to see Lorrdian and Rodian switched in price. Lorrdian combatants seemed to completely dominate the landscape this TL. They just seem to be rather high in power to be so low in cost. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Naboo and Alderaanian dropped to the 500/500 club with Corellians, maybe we’ll start seeing more of them. Bith should be free they’re so terrible, and if they’re not free due to wanting less of them around, put them in the 0/500 group, but they should by far be in the bottom tier. Baragwin seem like they could possibly be a great race, but we rarely see one due to the 1500/0 price tag. Maybe flip it to 500/1500 range so its a little more enticing for people to purchase. Cerean’s are actually pretty well off and could stand to be raised in price to the 500/0 or 0/500 tier.

I would still love to see the (close to) final numbers for all races throughout the TL. I think if you looked at that information, you could see the disparity between the races that are overrunning things and might need to be adjusted accordingly, to the races that nobody touches with a 10foot pole and need to be lowered in points/enhanced in stats.

• veric Participant
      June 19, 2015 at 3:04 pm #25456

IMO human variants (alderaanians, corellians, lorrdians, naboo, hapan) should all be in the same x/500 club with some variation on the upfront cost. Human variations may be boring but people seem to be comfortable and enjoy playing them. Since each of these variants (ok maybe not Hapans) have their own specialness tacking on a reachable deposit and a scalable up front point cost would keep them from over-populating. That price would encourage people to play non-human which makes starwars interesting.

Sluissi and some of the ‘cheap leader+eng’ races should have a higher upfront cost with a lower deposit to discourage disposable bot characters. Maybe bump them up to 500/1000 like verpines. If you want a ship leader bot to fill a clan need be ready to pay something for it. Mind you my very first bought race was a Sluissi because of the 1/500 cost and frankly points are not really an issue for me anymore so I am likely being selfish verses newer players with limited points.

Cheap disguising combat mains (Lorrdians and Corellians) are just frustrating. Toss in the ability to monitor cameras and potentially blackjack? omgwtf.

Twi’leks need a cost or a level decrease. Twi’lek combat mains have a whole slew of desirable skills for a free race.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.