Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline Race level balancing
This topic has 42 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by veric.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
    • Ifillmore Participant
      May 4, 2015 at 6:45 pm #25229

I like the Idea of a plus 30 to a sub. It can be limited if it is deemed necessary. As in an esp main can’t chose combat. But in doing so we would take away a part of leaderships special. I would consider giving leadership mains 60 to one and then 20 to a second. I think this will help people get chars they are happy with and enjoy.

One other buff i would consider for level boosting is making a prime stat add 3 or 4 to skill level. I would lean more to 3 as a test run. If it’s not enough make it 4 using both of these idea’s i think would
      allow more diverse charters to be created and step away from cookie cutter builds.

On pre existing levels for races i have seen there is no real form or function to how there levels are placed. best advice i could give is for every -2 a race takes they get a +1 to a different area. You can expand this farther if wished to assign higher values to combat and bounty hunter. Say -3 also you can increase the point value for anything above a certain level.

If you want you can also apply this to stat bonuses and special abilities I would give con a higher value then other stats. Due to the fact i usually carries a extra hp or a loss of hp. Most races follow this only one that sticks out the most is defel 4 con bonus with 900hp.

• StormRyder Participant
      May 4, 2015 at 9:19 pm #25230

If I remember correctly the max levels at character creation are determined by your stats and main class with racial bonus. Altering how many levels a single stat gain would also alter the max levels at creation because if the way it’s coded. Not sure if it’s coded the same here, just going off an older code base I used to play with

• Seryb Participant
      May 5, 2015 at 2:28 pm #25231

I agree with Zero, it would be nice to see Rodians lowered. Also I doubt this would work well because it would create some seriously OP’d races but is it would be nice to see your mainclass bump your race up to 100+ in the area regardless of race.

An examble is Duros hunter, they get a three in hunting if they go that route where Cad Bane was considered one of the absolute best hunters of his time.

Why can’t a gamorrean be an engineer, a jawa a soldier etc? I’m not saying they should hit 150 if they chose that as their main but it would be fun to see outside the box soldiers, engis, hunters that have a good history backing why they are such.

• Kirash Participant
      May 25, 2015 at 2:52 pm #25299

Jawas. A Piloting main Jawa does not get a 5 in Piloting, but a Smuggling main does. *boggle* A Jawa has Dex +3. There is no reason for them to not get a 5 in Piloting as a main.

• Inactive
      May 25, 2015 at 5:11 pm #25300

Jawas should be set to where the only main they can pick is Engineer, and they should be super shitty at everything else. Definitely shouldn’t be flying around cap ships or being smugglers.

• LED Participant
      May 29, 2015 at 8:44 pm #25319

Somebody was beat up by a jawa when they were a kid…

• Inactive
      May 30, 2015 at 2:14 pm #25322

Nah, someone has seen all the retarded ass jawas we’ve had over the years.

• Kirash Participant
      May 31, 2015 at 11:10 am #25340

Nah, someone has seen all the retarded ass <insert any race here> we’ve had over the years.

This is where I stand. You don’t see me clamoring for every race to just get the axe.

• Corey Participant
      May 31, 2015 at 3:19 pm #25343

Alright so to get back to the topic and Walldo’s recent question. I don’t think the free races have to be the most commonly known races, however having a nice selection will help with the new player factor. If a new player can play something of interest to them, they might be more inclined to get into the game a bit more. The key for the free races, to me, is to make them all similar in value. I don’t really buy that people aren’t going to pick a Vurk over a Neimoidian purely because of RP. That could be a portion of it for some, but the basic scenario looking at the list Walldo posted is that the free races with the worst overall stats are those not selected. Many races have at least 2 things they can be good at, two things that they points/stats wise are competitive with other races. The problem is that so many of the bad races are barely even good at one thing and you can always find something better…often times cheaper or with less restraints RP wise.

• Baxtalo Participant
      May 31, 2015 at 4:35 pm #25344

Human: 1313

How was the division inside of the human races? Not particularly relevant to the topic as a whole, but I’m curious

Aside from that I’m strongly behind the belief that rolling a main and getting a “5” according to the race sheet should get you the 150. It’s the only thing you’re likely to get one in to begin with. Particularly with slicers, that being 1 level shy stands to kill a lot of the potential of your character

• Corey Participant
      May 31, 2015 at 4:57 pm #25346

I’d love to see the additional spreads beyond free races. I think a lot of the high priced races that people don’t purchase purely based on price to worth ratio, could stand a lot to gain from just simply seeing the numbers.

• Rolek Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 10:08 pm #25415

Slicer mains should get a bonus to science similar to engineering. This would make it a viable class for more races.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 10:17 pm #25416

They do, data, electronics, and adv electronics provide bonuses to their skills.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 10:42 pm #25417

Everyone should have 150 levels to main, 100 levels sub, 30 levels to everything else.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.