Legends of the Jedi Forums Making LOTJ More Friendly For Newbies Quality of Life Suggestions
This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 3 months ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • ShubNullgurath Participant
      January 1, 2017 at 7:15 am #28736

As a new-ish player, I’ve noticed a few things that I’d consider “missing” that would really help out new players:

1. Maps of the cities on the planets. Nothing huge, just the sort of stuff that a character could reasonably be expected to find with where the facilities are in comparison to each other and what street everything is on.
      2. Mission-finder. The ability to find missions relevant to your character’s level would be exceptional. There’s already mission offices but we should probably be able to just search and find people who need our help.
      3. An in-universe academy, maybe a generalised one for each faction (with names etc switched). Simple missions to get people used to the controls.

They’re things I’ve seen in other MUDs that have worked out very well at acclimatising players.

• Zeromus Participant
      January 1, 2017 at 2:11 pm #28737

Due to the nature of the game, we don’t really do static staff-made maps because that stuff is constantly changing. Players can damage significant portions of each planet, the locations can change with an era shift, etc. It’s just too much work to constantly maintain maps like that, so we rely on people to use the mapper script for Mushclient for the most part to do the same thing because that updates easier when it realizes exits have changed.

We have Banhvar Station to acclimate people to the various quests you’ll find. If you skipped it in the newbie school, can’t help you there. Again, due to the nature of the game (we’re an RP PVP game) having specialized stations for newbies for each clan or whatever just isn’t feasible. On certain occasions, we’ve had clans come into existence and get wiped out on the same day, or in some cases not even last a month.

LOTJ is a game that rewards exploration and experimentation. There’s a lot of people, if you join various clans, who will be happy to help you out. Good suggestions, but I recommend spending a bit more time with the game and getting an idea for its scopee.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.