Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Potential Change with Blasters
This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 8 months ago by Baxtalo.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
    • wash Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 7:48 pm #26281

Dual Wield is actively my least favorite part of SWR games. I was very happy to see that forcers on LOTJ aren’t forced to dual wield sabers to min-max. On some other SWR muds that I’ve played, my off-hand lightsaber would have a name in black-text/black-background so that I could RP not dual wielding.

I’d love to see anything that encourages players to not dual wield, up to and including Sith hacking off everyone’s right arm.

• Seryb Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 11:32 pm #26305

I’ve wanted dual sabers for so long. I think people should just be more diverse. I am going to develop something that is better than pistols weapon wise just to laugh at all of you who pick duelist.

• illyduss Participant
      July 23, 2015 at 12:50 am #26310

On vibros and sabers it should include a chance to hit yourself with your own weapon if you have not been trained in dual wielding or some major offset similar. After all from HEMA accounts dual wielding swords/axes/clubs was something that hindered the wielder more than benefited them except in some very specific cases like Rapier and Dagger. So maybe a normal sized vibro/saber and a small dagger sized vibro/saber would work, but even then it would be something that would be highly specialized, like a Form III sort of thing.

As for blasters I could see it giving someone really crappy aim, low hitroll, but doubling the damage and offering a second attack. Aiming down the barrel of one gun is tricky enough, aiming down the barrel of two guns is impossible. So really you’d just be shooting from the hip, which can be done and done accurately, but never as accurate as actually aiming a gun.

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 23, 2015 at 12:58 am #26313

@seryb way back when, I know people would make their lightsaber name the name of two and rp it that way. Doesn’t do much aside from aesthetic and rp, but!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.