Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Potential Change with Blasters
This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Baxtalo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    • Gyndi Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:15 am #25821

I know I haven’t really been around for a while, so forgive me if things are different now, buuuut…

I’d like to see single blasters have some grounds for use. I know that duelist+two pistols is fairly viable, but going by how things actually were, I think that single pistols should be usable as well. Not everyone was a duelist and a few big characters in the Star Wars universe used a single pistol to fight.

Just kinda wanted to get thoughts on this, so let’s hear it.

• Kirash Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:22 am #25822

I’d be game for seeing smuggler types having some kind of bonus with using one pistol.

• saria Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:31 am #25825

Not a bad idea, especially for smugglers since most aren’t the best combatants. Every little bonus could make the difference between life and death…. AND look cool slingin one blaster around Han Solo style.

Pew-pew

• Gyndi Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:39 am #25829

In addition, I think repeater damage could be nerfed some, and I know that it has been in the past, so this might not be viable. But as it stands, and if my memory serves me, repeaters can potentially do like 525×5/6 and their accuracy is pretty decent from what I could tell, just from last night.

• Seryb Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 10:48 am #25837

I would love to see a single pistol type feat that made them viable in combat.

• Paco Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 11:40 am #25848

Pistol in one hand, lockpicks in the other. Hello, I am a Smuggler how do you do?

• saria Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 11:46 am #25849

I know it isn’t exactly about pistols but another thing I’ve considered and haven’t brought up before is the make drug skill. I would LOVE to be able to just be a smuggler a little bit harder if you know what i mean? All smugglers really seem to get to do is sneak and disguise… That’s only so fun if you can’t actually SMUGGLE cargo or do any other nefarious deeds.

• brendo Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 11:49 am #25852

Make narcotics, chemicals and edibles, smug levels and make spice % affect spice quality. Adept in all of the above adds bonus effects. Put raw spice throughout.

• saria Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 11:52 am #25855

I feel like if we had a few more types of raw to refine that possibly had some new/different affects depending on particular sciences and what not would be cool. A little more depth to the system somehow.

• neven Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 12:56 pm #25886

Duelist works with a single pistol it’s just a matter of you’ve got two hands why would you not want to use another pistol since if you’re a duelist pretty sure you have dual wield too? Considering a normal round only gets 1 or 2 attacks depending on if your second attack works, dual wielding increases your attacks per round by more than 50%. Can’t check about the level thing though and not sure since I usually just play combat mains anyway.

Bowcasters, repeaters, and rifles all have very good uses too and are all better than pistols in various ways, people just don’t want to switch weapons a lot and thus prefer to use pistols specifically because you have two hands which makes them like the second or third best option in each way, and usually quite close to the first place option. In any case where I can’t get flurry for example I’m usually pretty fond of a repeater.

• Kirash Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 1:02 pm #25888

Not everyone can get dual wield/duelist though. Repeaters have accuracy issues and are SUPPOSED to be military-grade weapons, bowcasters are single shooters and snipers that require high strength, and rifles are pretty much snipe-only weapons. Pistols make more sense for most people to use.

I know it isn’t exactly about pistols but another thing I’ve considered and haven’t brought up before is the make drug skill. I would LOVE to be able to just be a smuggler a little bit harder if you know what i mean? All smugglers really seem to get to do is sneak and disguise… That’s only so fun if you can’t actually SMUGGLE cargo or do any other nefarious deeds.

They put in a skill in Era 2 during the Imperial Cargo Act (I forget the name of it) that allowed smugglers to bypass embargos with a chance at setting off pad security. This skill needs a bit more code work though as 99% of clan leaders who occupy more than two planets won’t have any sane reason to embargo them.

• Paco Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 2:10 pm #25907

Spoiler alert, we’re probably going to have a way for smugglers to use the trafficking skill from the get-go.

• Kirash Participant
      July 21, 2015 at 2:11 pm #25908

Spoiler alert, we’re probably going to have a way for smugglers to use the trafficking skill from the get-go.

Thank god.

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 6:54 am #26126

Single-blaster feat for smugglers would be awesome for them to have, though it’d be better if it were a trait acquired through having like 150 levels of smuggling instead. Smugglers already have too many feats to choose from, practice!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.