Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Planet ownership and cargo running.
Tagged: ,
This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by frumpalumpaguss.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Quicksilver Participant
      May 21, 2017 at 1:22 am #30047

At present, when a clan owns a planet and it changes hands or goes neutral, all of their issued cargo permits become invalid and effectively, it kind of grinds the cargo exchanges to a halt. During peacetimes or at the start of an era this isn’t a terribly big deal, but my concerns are related to when conflicts will begin. I’d like to propose that a planet automatically sets itself to freeport status whenever the governance is reset. It makes sense from an IC perspective that they’d want to bring in a lot of materials for rebuilding purposes and it will allow the player cargo system to continue functioning while also encouraging clans to fight tooth and nail to maintain their planets for the tax income, and simultaneously encouraging capturing clans to set up their own governance with diplomats via leadplanet, rather than just inheriting the status that the previous owners had set.

• tweave Participant
      May 21, 2017 at 11:09 am #30051

I like this idea.

• Kirash Participant
      May 21, 2017 at 12:33 pm #30052

I concur with the above statement. When there are times where planets are going to be switching hands back and forth numerous times, clans that utilize permits aren’t going to have the inclination to go replace old permits with new ones every time they go recapture their planets. It is a major hassle.

On the other hand, you could just hire a smuggler too…

• Quicksilver Participant
      May 23, 2017 at 7:00 am #30070

The smuggling thing is only really pertinent when there’s someone around to enforce it and there’s a minor risk. Otherwise it’s just wankery, and not every character is going to get the necessary levels to be a smuggler cargo runner, by a long shot.

• Kirash Participant
      May 23, 2017 at 11:08 am #30073

That was really just a throwaway statement. There really isnt any incentive to hire smugglers nor for smugglers to go looking for jobs, but that’s for another thread. I still agree with you that the permit system still needs work. Wartimes are pains in the ass enough when cargo running freeports much less the insane hassle of your permits becoming invalid every time a planet switches hands.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 23, 2017 at 12:46 pm #30074

I can tell you that I deliberately set anything we took temporarily to embargo last TL during the FO/RU wars. I’d still like the ability to invalidate cargo passes regardless.

• lithium Participant
      December 12, 2017 at 1:21 am #30618

I think this is a good idea.

• Gathorn Participant
      December 13, 2017 at 11:19 am #30619

Some misinformation in this thread.

a clanA issued permit for planetB will always work whenever clanA owns planetB. Them losing and regaining does not invalidate the permit.

• statesman Participant
      December 15, 2017 at 10:18 am #30620

In that case, it’d be nice to have the name of the clan in the permit’s name, like this: A cargo permit for “Wroona” issued by “The Sith Empire” Or is there already a way to tell which clan issued a permit?

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      December 15, 2017 at 1:07 pm #30621

When you examine the cargo passes, they show what clan created them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.