Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat OSAY petition
This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by SpyderVenom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • frumpalumpaguss Participant
      September 5, 2014 at 11:30 am #24293

Something simple here. I want to get rid of OSAY. I think it holds no point other than give people an outlet to QQ in PK situations. If you have to go piss or shit, that’s what AFK is for. You don’t have to let everyone know your business.

In any case, let me know what you think.

• Archeon Participant
      September 5, 2014 at 12:39 pm #24294

Umm no.. Some people use it for other purposes. Stop being a little bitch about it. Some people abuse it for that reason, others use it as an outlet for other reasons.

• Quicksilver Participant
      September 5, 2014 at 3:23 pm #24295

You can chan -osay, but then you might miss out on pertinent info. In the event that someone starts using it to QQ, again, you can turn it off, then let them know, and have the satisfaction of knowing they’re probably burning out their ooc bar fruitlessly.

September 5, 2014 at 11:35 pm #24297

Idk who you are, Archeon, but I’m getting this “I QQ on OSAY when someone jumps me” vibe. So, I guess first I’d like to say, thanks for being mature when you came onto this forum. You could have started by saying something along the lines of “I don’t agree with this for X Y and Z.” Instead, you went down the talk shit road. Secondly, there are other avenues you can use in regards to communicating with your clannies, if that is what you’re talking about. And as I said earlier today, let’s stop pretending that over 80% of the MUD doesn’t use some sort of chat client. Need help with a mechanic? Use RPC/IMM/OOC. Wanna bitch, go to your aimclique and talk there. Wanna talk shit about getting jumped and fucked up on osay, I’ll be your huckleberry.

• Zeromus Participant
      September 6, 2014 at 1:46 am #24298

I am unable to name a single time osay’s presence has been beneficial to my life. If I need to explain something to someone I can do it over tells and if I’m having a problem with another player I can report them on immchat or email staff.

• Walldo Keymaster
      September 6, 2014 at 4:03 am #24299

I hate osay. Mayber a better idea might be to increase the number of OOC points it uses up? I’m open to whatever this thread comes up with.

I always get kinda annoyed when I’m in a room with other player and osay starts up. It just takes one person saying something and then everyone wants to respond on there, then it gets distracting from what’s actually happening.

• oggro Member
      September 6, 2014 at 4:11 am #24301

I like O-say Enough that I may quit is it was gone. If you do not like o say turn it off.
      I think removing osay will only push more people to chat on face book msn ect ect in an uncontrolled environment.

• Mojo Participant
      September 6, 2014 at 4:43 am #24303

This isn’t about liking osay and there being an option to turn it off. It is about the rule breaking and responsibility that goes along with it. I like osay and I feel it is useful when used properly to get the message across that is needed.

Perhaps crack down on this a bit more, dock points or remove the channel temporarily for offenders, or make it so that there is a way that offenders have less ooc bars, thus hit the limit more often, until they’re ready to get off their training wheels.

In the past week I’ve ran into 4 people (yesterday was 3, today made number 4) who complained on osay about things that could’ve purely been handled IC, they just didn’t get their way and/or the usual ‘perm me’ QQ.

As I said on ooc before, I usually reply to those with ‘please don’t do that/keep it ic’, but most just end up pushing the limits and I go grr mode. :/

One person did realize how inappropriate it was, mostly due to high tension of the RP, so props to them.

• oggro Member
      September 6, 2014 at 7:12 am #24304

Well a total ban Will just push people to other systems. Look at the american ban on alcohol. drugs, ect

• Claudius Participant
      September 6, 2014 at 8:33 am #24305

I’m with QS on this one. Chan -osay just like chan -ooc if you don’t want to hear it. Oh noes, someone is QQing because they got PKed. It happens. And unlike Zero who apparently lives in an ivory tower of perfection, lots of pertinent stuff is said on osay like: “Hey, brb, gotta attend to something” if you’re in the middle of a situation like a capture OR “what we’re saying is X” when talking about things such as development where it can be explained easier on osay to people. In all the time I’ve been here, the only times I’ve ever had people QQ on osay after PK have come from players who tend to be shitty in the first place and get butt hurt when they get caught being dumb.

Once again, chan -osay/ooc. It’s that simple.

September 6, 2014 at 10:19 am #24306

Before yesterday, I didn’t know chan -osay existed. I would be for harsher punishment for people abusing it, but I don’t see that happening. And like I said earlier, let’s quit pretending the majority of the mud doesn’t already use facebook/msn/aim/skype or whatever else to chat. We ALL know they’re used.

• Walldo Keymaster
      September 6, 2014 at 11:31 am #24307

Let’s just nip that particular conversation in the butt: osay isn’t getting removed.

• Mojo Participant
      September 6, 2014 at 1:52 pm #24308

I forgot to add that one of them, when their osay limit was up, used say to continue their ooc bitching. Chan -osay isn’t going to stop that.

So yes, I don’t agree with the removal of osay (good thing it isn’t happening), but something does need to happen in regards to it.

• Ocerion Participant
      September 8, 2014 at 12:04 pm #24309

Elitist anti OOC nonsense isn’t a good reason to get rid of osay. Plus, I think we should encourage people to bitch about their PK’s because good god is it delicious, and it makes the whole thing worth while.

• Kirash Participant
      September 8, 2014 at 3:21 pm #24310

As long as there are people bitching, there will be people bitching about bitching. There are sometimes situations that you just aren’t sure how to put ICly and you try to clarify on osay. If you make a case about osay and ooc being removed, maybe you shouldn’t use it so much yourself. Every ooc outlet on the mud has its upsides and downsides. Whining and demanding removal of them isn’t going to fix anything and will just push people more into out-of-mud OOC vents…not lime most of them already haven’t anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.