Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium On Embargo and Cargo Passes
This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago by veric.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Fishy Participant
      October 25, 2015 at 4:16 am #27212

The current state of affairs is that anyone with a cargo ship can buy and sell cargo anywhere, unless a planet is under embargo, in which case they need a trade permit.

Based on brainstorming on OOC and fond reflections on past timelines, the idea emerged that maybe the normal state of things should be that trade permits are required to buy or sell cargo on a planet.

In addition, an option could then be added to leadplanet to flag the planet as a free port or a free trade zone or whatever snappy designator is decided on, setting that planet to operate like the current default: no permits required.

Then, of course, embargo would be mean ‘no trade at all, permits or not’ except for smugglers.

All of this would serve to give major clans a much needed source of revenue and another thing to generally go do, give smugglers a whole lot more reason to care about smuggling, and generally improving the Star Wars-y atmosphere of LotJ.

Thoughts?

• Kirash Participant
      October 25, 2015 at 8:04 am #27214

Take out the GNI embargo broadcasts, and I’d be all for something like this. Trafficking as it stands is only useful if a planet is under embargo: Something 99% of the clans won’t do.

• Bai Participant
      October 25, 2015 at 12:47 pm #27217

cargo running’s already been lamed up as a credit source with the resources being set for us and having to use multiple planets and an hour to make like 2-300k. let’s add permits now too!

• Fishy Participant
      October 25, 2015 at 2:46 pm #27219

In such a situation I’d hope the imms would undo some of the recent changes to cargo to make it profitable instead of a pointless assache.

• veric Participant
      October 25, 2015 at 3:06 pm #27222

It would seem the intention is to move credit ‘farming’ away from certain methods (cargo running, holster selling, carbon selling (however tbh I have not verified this one)) however frankly the in game market does not seem to have changed (and frankly will not) to reflect the fact that (generally speaking) credits are not as easy to gather. The changes to cargo running have simply made things even more grindy and bot enticing.

• Walldo Keymaster
      October 25, 2015 at 4:41 pm #27226

the idea emerged that maybe the normal state of things should be that trade permits are required to buy or sell cargo on a planet.

This is exactly our plan and our coders have been working on it although I don’t have a timeframe on implementation for you.

• veric Participant
      October 25, 2015 at 4:56 pm #27227

How many credits are we looking at when it comes to planet taxes for a full cargo haul?

I hope if permits are needed and there is a lockdown on actually ‘smuggling’ we don’t have IC police chasing you down and losing their minds over something like 2,000 credits in losses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.