Legends of the Jedi Forums Off-Topic Old Senate Ads
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • Paco Participant
      January 20, 2014 at 6:00 am #23439

In no particular order, here are some old Senate ads I found in Microsoft Word under the filename: CorruptPoliticalAdsLOTJ.doc

Just looking to satiate my LOTJ fix:

The screen fades in to the logo of GNI, it fades to reveal a young female reporter seated next to a tall man in white robes bearing the mark of the Rebellion. The reporter looks up at the camera, “Good evening, I am Kitty Kourek. Tonight I have made a trip to the Rebel stronghold on Hoth to speak to Corellian senatorial candidate Richard Owens. How are you tonight Mister Owens?” the man seated opposite smiles, “Doing well, doing well. This trek we set out on is coming to an end, and I couldn’t be more relieved.” the reporter offers a firm nod, leaning forward, “What was it like? Going up against such overwhelming odds? It must have seemed nearly impossible to topple such a powerful government.” Owens face darkens, he too leans forward, “Every day was a struggle for the people of the Rebellion, not knowing if tomorrow would be their end, not even sure of victory. The collection of people who came to fight with us was… inspiring, to think that so many people of different beliefs, cultures and walks of life could come together to fight for a singular goal. It is something we all take pride in, and will carry with us to the New Republic.” the reporter offers a smile, “You’re running for the Corellian Senate seat, are you not, Mister Owens? Will Corellia automatically be absorbed by this New Republic?” Owens offers a small chuckle, leaning back, “While I have faith that the people of Corellia will join the and honor me with the ability to serve as their Senator, I should make it clear that no planet will be forced to join the Republic. Not even Coruscant, the center of our Galaxy. It is voluntary, but all are welcome.” Owens offers another smile, the transmission fades with the GNI logo before the words “More To Come” cross the screen.

The screen fades to black before the letters “GNI” fade into view, the screen opens to a young reporter seated next to a man in white robes. The reporter looks up to the camera and smiles, “Welcome back, everyone. I am Kitty Kourek from the Galactic News Incorporated seated here with Richard Owens, Senatorial candidate for Corellia. How are you, Mister Owens?” The man sitting opposite of the reporter nods and smiles, “Doing just fine, Kitty, doing just fine. I wish I could say the same about Corellia, however.” The reporter leans forward, “What do you intend to do for your home planet, Mister Owens?” The man also leans forward, clearing his throat, “My planet lacks a major source of income, it deserves the respect that Bespin, Arkania and Coruscant have. What we need is an incentive to bring credits in, whether that be selling land to an engineering corporation or simply making it a cargo hub for the rest of the Galaxy. I plan on researching every option I can, and I will make sure I find a way, no matter what.” The reporter nods, she leans back and speaks with a bit of a darkened voice, “During your tenure with the Rebellion did you ever have to end someones life?” &zOwens face darkens a bit as he leans back, “Being in command of a ship has it’s disadvantages, Kitty, it is difficult to take prisoners during the midst of a battle in space. I have destroyed Imperial ships, and pirate ships. Do I regret the loss of life? Yes, yes I do. But I also understand the necessity of my actions. In all honesty I hope I never have to face a war again, it changes people, and is difficult to put behind you.” The man trails off, looking away. The image fades back to the GNI logo before fading to black with the words “More to Come” flitting across the screen.

The screen fades to black before the letters “GNI” fade into view, the screen opens to a young reporter seated next to a man in white robes. The reporter looks up to the camera and smiles, she begins to speak but must wait a moment as a crowd of Corellians standing to the side stops cheering, “Hello, everyone. I am Kitty Kourek from the Galactic News Incorporated seated here with Richard Owens, Senatorial candidate for Corellia. How are you, Mister Owens?” The man sitting opposite of the reporter nods and smiles, “Things are very good, as good as they’ve been since… well, since I can remember. The war is finally over.” The reporter leans forward, “What do you intend to do now, Mister Owens?” The man also leans forward, clearing his throat, “It’s time to focus on Corellia, since the war has ended I’ve spent a lot of time here with my people. Mostly keeping crime in check, surveying damages done during the war, attempting to figure out… well, where to begin. There is much to do, I know, but there is so much room to build something new.” The reporter nods, she leans back and speaks with a smile, “Do you really think you’re up for the job? You’ve been a military man until now.” Owens grins slightly, he offers a wink, “Being in the military is a challenging thing, something not everyone can handle. It has its dangers and surprises. However, I think politics can be just as dangerous and surprising. To be honest, it is something I haven’t tackled before. But I go forward knowing in my heart that I intend to bring Corellia into the spotlight, and I intend to fight as hard as I did during the war to give my people the planet they deserve.” The man offers a bright smile, lifting a hand up toward the camera. The Corellians begin cheering once more and the image fades back to the GNI logo before fading to black with the words “More to Come” flitting across the screen.

The screen fades to black before panning up to a view of Corellia, the screen zooms in speedily to a view of a deserted cargo platform, the ships in the spaceports seem sparse, and very few citizens walk the streets, a man steps into view, “I am Richard Owens, senatorial candidate for my home planet of Corellia. The Corellian economy fell deeply during Imperial rule, high tax rates and neglect devastated Coronet City and brought all of Corellia into an economic dark age. I will change this. When elected I intend to initiate a temporary flat cargo tax of zero percent, I intend on making Corellia the galactic cargo hub, with unmatchable profits. By doing this it is my hope that entrepreneurs will recognize the… value of owning a shop on such a soon to be well-frequented planet. Let’s end the dark age and turn on the lights, make way for something grand. Thank you.” A blue screen appears with white and purple lettering, a female voice speaks, “Richard Owens for Senate.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.