Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline New Timeline Patch Notes
This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Ralen Keymaster
      July 22, 2015 at 9:02 am #26140

Hi all!

For those of you that are waiting to get back into the game, here are a full list of the changes you’ll find upon logging back in to begin your adventure anew.

Misc Code Changes:
      -Fixed the wrong message output in the TEACH skill.
      -FIRST AID no longer works on droids, so that droid repair kits have a use.
      -SECURITY now correctly requires a datapad.
      -LOOKUP will now show a character’s rank if their clan is unhidden.
      -CALL is now a level 1 skill. From level 1 to 30, you will only be able to call
      message drones. Above level 30, other called NPC’s will unlock as normal.
      -NPC’s tagged with the ‘animal’ flag can no longer be begged.
      -You can no longer grab AFK players.
      -Immortals no longer need to be clan leaders to promote/empower players in a clan.
      -Immortals can now close shops without being in the planet’s governing clan.
      -Fixes a bad color tag in the immortal command infoseek.
      -Player shields now send a message to let players know when they run out.
      -The PYDYRIAN language has been removed.
      -The CLAN language has been removed.
      -We’ve added two new room flags: SNOWSTORM and SANDSTORM.
      Providing the room is not flagged indoors, randomized storms that trigger these will show
      a specialized room description, hide the room exits, and mess with
      trying to snipe and track through poor weather. Expect these to gradually
      pop up on Tatooine, Arkania and Hoth.
      -JETPACKS have been turned into their own item, and now work much like
      player shields; with a spool-up time, rechargeable fuel and manual
      activation. Expect these to start cropping up in game soon after re-opening.
      -Jetpacks now require fuel cannisters to refuel.
      -The JETPACK MASTERY skill has been added to bounty hunting, which negates some
      of the penalties for fighting while flying.

Space:
      -The maximum number of ships in a battlegroup has been lowered from 4 to 3.
      A discussion of the reasoning behind this can be found in full in CHANGES 1241, and http://www.legendsofthejedi.com/forums/topic/clan-limits-2/
      -All clans (major and minor) are able to deploy 3 capital ships into space.
      Every additional planet a clan controls adds 1 additional ship to the number
      of ships that can be deployed.
      -Battlegroup messages now come to you in glorious colour.
      -A whole mess of typos and colour issues in the space code have been fixed.
      -Cloaking/decloaking will now toggle Veska’s NO_PING flag to prevent
      the tracking of cloaked ships.
      -LOADSHIP and UNLOADSHIP now send an echo to the room for other players.
      -Builders will now see an error message if they attempt to use imageship
      on a model that still has prototype flagged rooms. It will alert me that they need to die.

Planetary changes:
      -Players can no longer set planetary resource prices.
      -Arkania has been removed from the game-world. Some of its starter quests can now
      be found on Coruscant.

RULES CHANGES:
      -The legal time for logging out in a hotel during PvP has been increased from 2 to 3 minutes.
      -Don’t expect to get away lightly with instant blockade perms and mindlessly kidnapping
      everyone in sight this timeline. These have been upgraded to bannable offenses for repeat infractions.

See you all soon!
      Ralen.

• Helix Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 9:13 am #26147

You can no longer grab AFK players.

Best change ever.

• Andvari Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 9:16 am #26148

I don’t know how good of a change it really is. It allows for some friendly assistance for players who have to take an emergency afk but are in a dangerous position ICly.

• Kirash Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 9:20 am #26150

-Players can no longer set planetary resource prices.

Big stamp of a Seal of Approval.

• veric Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 9:25 am #26152

no more arkania? 🙁

I had thought the general rule of thumb for grabbing AFK flagged players is said player had to give explicit permission to the mover otherwise they could report said grabber.

Also woohooo no clan language!

• Andvari Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 9:38 am #26153

This came up during EOT, but I’d really like to see a timer when you hospitalize someone. Like a resurrection sickness type of thing that keeps them from immediately coming back.

I’d really like to see hospitalizing someone be a lot more viable.

• Gyndi Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 10:17 am #26160

Praise be to Spaghetti. Clan language is been remove! All hail his Noodley Appendage!

Agreed, Andvaro

• Xavious Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 10:24 am #26163

A login timer for hospitalization would be a great mechanic. It would be a way to punish someone without perming them and also make it more appealing as an option in those heated fights where a lot of people end up permed because it’s the only way to permanently remove them from the engagement.

• StormRyder Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 10:52 am #26169

I heard there was a change to how the DEV system was being managed but don’t see it mentioned here. Any details to be released yet?

• Corey Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 11:17 am #26172

I hope that if Arkania was removed, that the gym was added somewhere else. It was the only gym worth using as far as leveling combat. The same can be said for the Arkania trainers, have they been matched somewhere else as far as the level to which they can train? What about starting credits, was that raised at all? It seems to be a continual topic that everyone is on board with, yet never seems to happen.

• Kirash Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 11:20 am #26173

Well according to the Galaxy Map, Bespin (Anoat) is in. Unless it has been changed/overhauled, it had a decent gym. Lorrd has a decent one as well.

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 22, 2015 at 11:55 am #26179

Patch notes make me happy.

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 22, 2015 at 5:23 pm #26244

I heard there was a change to how the DEV system was being managed but don’t see it mentioned here. Any details to be released yet?

Nope. Figuring out the system is a pretty monumental task and we plan to regroup on it after the timeline change.

I hope that if Arkania was removed, that the gym was added somewhere else. It was the only gym worth using as far as leveling combat. The same can be said for the Arkania trainers, have they been matched somewhere else as far as the level to which they can train?

We’ve been very mindful to make up for anything lost by taking Arkania out. There are inevitably going to be some things we missed, but we’ll be working very quickly to replace them so if you think something is missing, let us know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
The topic ‘New Timeline Patch Notes’ is closed to new replies.