Legends of the Jedi Forums Off-Topic Last TL Banter
This topic has 126 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 10 months ago by Leoninus.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
    • Carnus Participant
      April 17, 2013 at 4:48 am #21639

Oh, I forgot to add Owens to that list. But that’s only because he was trying to go on the straight and narrow at that point. It was looking good until Zarkonian framed him for Lillith’s murder.

• Troll Participant
      April 17, 2013 at 6:27 am #21640

Verpine Jedi, Fzztrxis Kl’nik.

Devaronian BH, Ko’Sharr’Bac.

Bothan Espionage, Soros Tay’maan.

Utai Special kid, Ukk.

Whiphid Combatant, Thook alias Tank.

Echani Combatant, Alvar C’oan.

• brendo Participant
      April 17, 2013 at 11:29 am #21641

My first character was Dalo Grak, founder of Skyriver, owner of the Marazzo. Eventually ended up super inactive due to 80 hour work weeks during that year.

Jinko Sarxi, leader/combat Mando combat trainer, retired merc/hunter. Never had a single PK on this toon, but I was part of almost every war, trying to work my way out of a combat role. Started off as a freelance trainer, made a killing in credits. Started working for Telgorn, until internal drama and external idiots (IC idiots, mind you!) caused me to bail. Ended up with CRoS (Jinko thought it was a paramilitary group, not some apocalyptic thing, so I kinda fought through it.) I was strangely close to Reaper, even though he was the antithesis of everything Jinko. Jinko had a form of loyalty to him, but did what he could to avoid taking part in the evil shit.

I started trying to get in touch with the Rebellion, leading Teloun (who Jinko was “close” with, but despised) and CRoS to think I planned on infiltrating them. First Rebel leader I got in touch with was killed within 3 minutes, and 2 minutes later had the channel I shared with them. Sucked, and ruined my chances of helping the Republic, but really kinda drove my infiltration lie home with CRoS. The next day, 4 sith and 2 imp soldiers jumped me and brought me in. Threatened to execute me for helping the Rebellion. After explaining the infiltration ruse, they gave me 2nd in command of the army, and my double-reverse infiltration of the Empire began!

Unfortunately my hectic work week rose again, went semi-inactive for a month, and when I come back, the war is mostly over, Rebels win, and I end up joining them in the Republic. Myrryk and Lee’s utter annoying idiocy (IC!) made me give up on any chance for them to be anything but a blood stain, and I started trying to reach out to the new Mandos. First day of that, I’m taken in to Mandalore, called a pussy for not waging war while in the core, and killed by the Mandalore while bound and naked after challenging him to give me a blade and earn his kill. Sad ending to my favorite character ever.

• Kirash Participant
      April 17, 2013 at 1:50 pm #21642

What I’d like to know is who played Ikhshidid. I want to thank him for the fun even if it was for a short time.

• Altrez Participant
      April 17, 2013 at 4:50 pm #21643

I liked Jinko and his brother. I thought they represented Mandos fairly well, much better than the actual clan. I had no idea that he died like that. Mandalorian custom would dictate either facing him in combat  or making him dar’manda (outcast) before the rest of the clan, not killing him naked.

They should have absorbed you into their forces early on to use your scouted info, and if you refused then there could have been conflict for not rallying to Mandalore when he called (One of the six actions).

@Kirash
      I got over it.

@Rakun
      Good times with Morsus (messing with that Talz who started Osaying WTF when I used ventrilo to translate his language through a crystal) and Torgha.

@Xavious
      Loved Vyz and Scar.

• cyrill Participant
      April 19, 2013 at 10:27 pm #21683

Novus – My first Geonosian, my first forcer. I tried to be better but it didn’t work out to well. I tried to fight a jedi on arkania before I was fully trained, died in about three rounds. Was good fun.

Eliza – worked for several clans. Placed several bounties. Hid in plain sight until she finally died.

Tick – Whiphid leader/combat – my first real attempt at a combatant. Lost just about every fight I ever got in. Hopefully I’ll do better in the future.

• Kebron Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm #21684

Krag the whiphid non-bounty hunter, Jedi Master Rook Rynnook, Tachyon, and Sega the Barabel Huntress that slapped up the dominion before all the Jedi/Sith crashed the party.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 1:26 pm #21685

Slapped up a bunch of newbie Dominion characters and an engineer that almost killed you and the 5 people with you alongside a Jedi that was helping you before other Jedi/Sith arrived*

• whisper Participant
      April 25, 2013 at 4:18 pm #21744

@tolynyk- So what killed Tinker and destroyed Tinkertown?

• Xavious Participant
      April 26, 2013 at 1:43 am #21746

That was pretty fun Kebron. I think you were the Geonosian Zeromus :P. I remember tailing you to my demise. You popped out of the ship, I followed, then shit started blowing up and I thought I was dead. Five to ten grueling minutes later I got aided and was like, “Huh?”  Nice play with the exploding ships. It only took one explosion to drop me, which confused the hell out of me.

Kebron’s boast and your down playing response reminded me of a similar, unwarranted boasting situation. When the Mandalorians first moved on Ord Mantell I just so happened to be piloting that happy fun train with my freshly rolled a few days ago Mando.  I had ONE battlegroup with 3 battleships and no squadrons. All of a sudden these pirates come in with 3 battlegroups fully outfitted with squadrons along with an interdiction field! The situation was pretty staggering to begin with, but I didn’t even know they had interdiction fields at the time.

Now I’ve never claimed to be a battle genius in space battle. I’ve only just started getting the hang of fleet engagements this TL really. However, it doesn’t really matter how good you are at that point, you might as well just bend over and take it. I didn’t even think we should have moved our fleet at the point to begin with. Either way, a retarded monkey playing LOTJ on his Iphone could have won that space battle. Our pods not working at the end of the battle was just the icing on the cake.

I just thought I’d mention it, since there was a bit of a fuss about it on OOC after me and the person on board got restored. The whole situation was pretty sketchy to begin with and I think an RPC trial would have ended in the same result. A large clan with all those bells and whistles coming in to attack a small clan, that has only existed 1 or 2 weeks, with no provocation was kinda silly to begin with.

I mean.. I know we get bored at times, but come on now people!

• Zeromus Participant
      April 26, 2013 at 2:05 am #21747

We mostly boast about that because it was really dumb of you guys to do that without getting an idea for what you’d run into. You actually ran into what became the Dominion a day or so later, so it wasn’t really out of nowhere. If Vadim had spent more than 2 minutes just making a bunch of assumptions based on clan names you guys would’ve done a lot better, probably.

At that point, our only strength was our ships. You can’t blame us for responding with overwhelming force in the only way we were capable. The Corsairs/Dominion had no forcers, no ground troops to speak of. We just had a ridiculous navy we built up and some upstarts drifting into the Rim in the midst of a giant power vacuum. Vadim could’ve just asked “is there anything we should look out for in the Rim?” to the Republic and they would’ve almost instantaneously told you what you would run into because we’d been beating on them hard for weeks before the Mandalorians showed up.

• Xavious Participant
      April 26, 2013 at 11:31 am #21748

I remember telling Vadim a few times before we left how under strength our navy was. He told me I would just have to impress him with what we had. I came back from a hiatus to play a Mandalorian as well, so I was totally out of the loop about what was going on post Empire. I didn’t realize how large the pirate navy was and I didn’t know they had interdictors. I see where your coming from, but I still thought it was really weird the way we were pounced on so early when we had so little. Especially when we were going after a planet with no government. I just wanted to set the record straight because I recall hearing a lot of bragging and shit talking on OOC/IC at the time when there really wasn’t anything to brag about.

It set us back quite a bit and made the clan look pretty bad right from the start too. We just didn’t have enough people to do anything about it.  Thankfully the doors opened up and we eventually got enough players to be able to make our mark, though it required some really questionable actions and alliances for us to be able to do it.

Honestly I didn’t even think you were involved Zero. I thought you busy leading the Arkanians with Zarkonian at the time.

• Moh Participant
      April 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm #21749

@Kirash: Yes, I was Jah. Actually forgot about him. I was Emryk too, Kel Dor.

@Troll
      : Alvar was my boy.

• Hashi Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 8:51 am #21757

@Fel:  Ya, that was me (Deghar Trask) that you hosed on the Venator deal.  But I did make some weapons-including a large quantity of explosives-for Tenyata towards the latter part of Era 1…so I feel like I got some vicarious payback on the New Order.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 27, 2013 at 12:17 pm #21762

@xavious: Zarkonian and Rarsek were business partners from almost day one. The Mandalorians were a threat to me taking over the Rim so I had to hit you guys hard and fast immediately regardless of how strong you were.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.