Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Kyuzo(new race discussion)
This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Xaleron.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Blayneburner Member
      March 26, 2014 at 9:41 am #23921

So I was looking up races not in game and this one came to my attention. Talking to Walldo he said throw it up on here to get feedback and see what comes. So…

The above link is the race I wanted to talk about. The kyuzo. They look cool they sound cool and I thought heck let’s see who might be interested in rping with and rping one. I for one would love it! So tell me what everyone else thinks.

BB

• Hashi Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 10:35 am #23922

They don’t have blue skin. Why would anyone want to play this?

• Kirash Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 10:48 am #23923

I’m really not trying to sound like an ass here, so I apologize if it sounds like I am.

The mud already has enough obscure races that no one knows how to play properly. Honest question: Why do we need another?

• Kebron Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 11:33 am #23924

I’m all for new races but I looked them up and theres virtually no information on them except that they’re aliens based on Samurai culture. Depending which version of Samurai culture you went with that gives you a HUGE difference in RP. Are you going with the Medieval Samurai who cut people down for looking at them funny and were basically mercenaries, or are you going with the late era Samurai that were all but ceremonial?
      I just think there’d need to be more info about them before they were allowed. I can also see alot of people getting annoyed really quickly with a bunch of pseudo-ninja/samurai running around all stereotypical kung-fu movie style.

• cnemus Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 1:34 pm #23925

I enjoy the wide choice available in race selection. I would both like to play with and play as star wars samurai. We have a lot of good choices and I won’t be sad if this one doesn’t make the cut, but I think it would be a positive addition. One of the things I personally enjoy is taking a race that isn’t well defined in extended universe and creating a story for them. We will like some of the stories and not like others, but that is the case with every player and character. Simply providing the opportunity to bring something new and potentially interesting to the game should continue to be our mutual goal.

• Blayneburner Member
      March 26, 2014 at 1:39 pm #23926

Alot of the races except a few are obscure. If there is a homeworld of which there is. Then why couldn’t it have all those said cultures in there. Sometimes rp is about the source material you are given but still making it yours. Just because there isn’t alot on a race, but looks like it could be fun to play doesn’t mean shoot it down on that one facet. I simply bring it up because it would be fun to play from the looks and watching how the ones that showed up in the tv acted. That is giving you enough material to figure out how one might act. And if it’s based on samurai culture then that means there is enough there for the flipside of the ninja culture in said species. The negative I hear is simply lack of information yet I’ve watched the episodes the race has shown up in and read what is on wookieepedia which isn’t alot(website) but I have enough to come up with a clear cut roleplay to one if I did play one. It also gives you room to interpret and come up with village names and what have you so you don’t have to worry about being wrong when naming any. Take into account just because the planets aren’t huge areas to be exact in game doesn’t mean there isn’t a whole hell of alot more to it than we see. So stop. Take a step back and contemplate in that regard before shooting something down.

BB 😉

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 6:37 pm #23927

I’m all for giving something the college try, but I’m going to agree with Kirash as well. We have quite a few races that people are incapable of playing, and adding another would be obnoxious. Having said that, you could always app for one, and see if you could get one. There was a shistavanen last TL who I believe app’d for the character.

• Kirash Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 7:11 pm #23928

I was going to say something snarky in response, Frump, but decided not to.

• Xaleron Participant
      March 26, 2014 at 10:34 pm #23931

Not saying Kyuzo wouldn’t be neat, but as Kirash already said, it’s another obscure race that won’t be played properly – and we already have a lot of them. Seems like a lot of open room for making your own background about the race and then having canon stomp all over it if/when they expand on the basically one-person-only race. Not every occasionally mentioned race in Star Wars lends itself to being roleplayed in an environment like LotJ. People will just pick them apart mercilessly if more information about the race is established.

To me, it sounds like you want to play a Cerean Shyarn-ado swordsman. They seem to be the original ‘Samurai’ tribute in Star Wars… Cerea has a lot of similarities to feudal Japan really. It just seems like everyone wants them to be engineers on LotJ.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.