Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Experimenting with ship debris
This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 8 months ago by kraine.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      August 8, 2012 at 5:29 pm #19685

We are experimenting with filling the galaxy with ‘space debris’ to represent all the, well, space debris from battles between the rebels and the empire. These debris function much like pirates and will be found in both occupied and empty sectors. They are unarmed, and cam be blown up for credits.

• Sarac Participant
      August 9, 2012 at 5:07 am #19686

I’d understand xp for blowing up stuff, but isn’t there an available function where you can tractorbeam in cargo? Is there no way of having the debris as some sort of cargo to sell back as scrap metal to shipyards etc? It is SWReality after all 😛 I don’t go shooting peoples cars for good old pound sterling!

• Walldo Keymaster
      August 9, 2012 at 6:40 am #19688

These were something that just sorta came to me in the middle of the night so we are testing them all out. Right now they’re basically glorified pirates. Consider this thread a place to suggest ideas and issues to help making debris a codified doo-dad.

• Sarac Participant
      August 9, 2012 at 8:12 am #19689

You’re terrible for typos lately, let me just tell you. I like my idea though… I think glorified pirates would just be half a job in terms of implementing it.

• Cronlan Participant
      August 10, 2012 at 5:40 am #19699

I still laugh every time I see debris exit hyperspace. I think it would be cool if they drifted towards orbit and eventually crashed down, causing a bomb-like explosion as if the planet was bombarded once.

• kraine Participant
      August 13, 2012 at 2:51 pm #19712

Ideas for Debris:

*Have them generate every time a ship is destroyed and only spawn in empty systems.

*Set them up so they can be tractored in and sold or salvaged for materials

*Get rid of the hyperspace message for them so they don’t have the debris exit hyperspace message

*Have them give experience so that you can fight pirates and debris for experience instead of just flying place to place.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.