Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline Story/plot thread (updated with proposal)
This topic has 97 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Tofuergus.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
    • Seryb Participant
      April 21, 2015 at 3:51 pm #25181

If only the leader, first, second could use it you would know someone “credible” put the news out there via the clans official network.

• Moh Participant
      April 24, 2015 at 12:37 pm #25191

It’s hard to say what my favorite era 1 is but if I had to choose, it’d be Republic vs Sith Empire. One thing I do like about era 1’s is that there’s already a set conflict, so war happens pretty fast. One thing I don’t like is how app’d characters that start the TL end up dying really fast and people abandon the clan all together because of it or they go inactive/suicide. What I’d like to see for real is some preemptive spyapps given out to certain app’d characters that would allow them to commit mutiny and overthrow some clans.

• Moh Participant
      April 25, 2015 at 1:56 pm #25195

And an era without force is boss. All the “would be”s vanish and it’s more fun.

• Walldo Keymaster
      April 29, 2015 at 5:04 pm #25205

The status of Mandalorians being their own clan hasn’t been finalized but I am leaning towards no. I think it’d make more sense to have them be this vagrant culture spread out across the galaxy, similar to Lorrdians or Hapans in the later end of this timeline.

We also haven’t locked in how players will get to be Mandalorians – apps, points – whatever. I am very weary of it being too accessible, because too many players will flock at the chance to play a Mandalorian and leave other slots empty. There is a very heavy emphasis on the minor role this era.

• Walldo Keymaster
      May 31, 2015 at 5:30 pm #25352

(I moved a bunch of off-topic posts about crafting and pk gear to their own thread)

• Bai Participant
      June 8, 2015 at 4:49 pm #25364

It’s kind of old but I just saw people talking about a news clan, and I have tried that two different times and unfortunately without imm support it’s impossible to be anything more than gossip and people not taking you seriously. I tried communicating with the imms and it just never worked out. The idea was to either get ideas from the imms (essentially GNI reports), or to report on things and the imms could support it through GNI reports but it never worked out. It’s a cool idea and something I really wish would work, so if someone wants to do it and is successful, you’ll have people to help. Just have to figure out a way to do it.

• Seryb Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 1:07 am #25369

Why not have a GNI imm that is either an apped player or a special elected RPC. Restrict their goto to major congregation points. IE: Arkania square, coruscant square, corellia alpha pad etc… Let the imm have minor player interaction to conduct ‘interviews’ then post them to message terminal while having the ability to broadcast from anywhere. Don’t allow them to hear standard immchat if that’s an issue and maybe allow them to clanmessage to try and conduct interviews with clans being encouraged to comply. Beyond that give the imm no real power and let them do the news without imm supervision unless player complaints come in.

Thoughts?

• Andvari Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 11:11 am #25371

I am not opposed to seryb’s plan.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 6:12 pm #25372

Sounds like a plan. Elected RPC to be the “reporter” and post more “news”.

• Seryb Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 11:53 pm #25374

Well the goal is it would be GNI news so there would be some weight to it. Make it a 3 month gig like regular RPC but don’t give them any voting power unless one of the RPC goes dormit/gets booted.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 12:15 am #25375

This is something I’ve always tried to practice with my clans but people really should be doing their own news regardless of whether or not anyone buys it. It helps to have somewhat of a public narrative about your clan so people can join in on the RP. Do frequent updates about your clan via broadcast, then get them put up on the news command. The imms are very good about doing that for you.

• Xavious Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 10:39 am #25376

It doesn’t matter if it’s GNI or not, some people will try to say it’s not a legitimate news story for whatever reason. This is really prevalent when the news is bad for their image. You really have to ignore the naysayers and not let their opinion detract you.

I agree with @Zeromus about clans doing their own news. Broadcasting is important for the narrative of the game, especially if your clan is a major player, and to maintain an image with the public. It also gives the impression that your clan is active and has things going on, which can help with recruiting and generally just making things feel more lively.

The imms are usually good about putting news up if they see a broadcast at the right time. You have to bear in mind that if your broadcast isn’t added to news it could just be the imms haven’t seen it yet. With the color capturing plugin, it’s pretty easy to copy/paste someone’s broadcast to news.

If you want to have an actual news company, then try to be objective and non-biased. I think that’s the best way to get everyone else to take you seriously. I’ve seen plenty of people pull it off in the past. Just because you don’t hear people praising you about it, doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate it. Unfortunately you are way more likely to hear the negative comments than people praising your work.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 12:32 pm #25379

Don’t wait for imms to notice. If it’s an important broadcast (to me) I just email it and harass them on immchat til it’s posted.

• Corey Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 12:50 pm #25380

It seems one reason people don’t take player made news broadcasts as real is that so many people have made up completely fake versions. Not just versions from the angle they want to promote, but just straight up “and here’s video of the Chancellor strangling baby kittens” or whatever. Now, that of course is a pretty over-the-top type of example, but you get the point.

• Seryb Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 8:47 pm #25393

Yeah I’m fine with players bending the news a little to fit there version of events that happened but when you just make it up completely you suck.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
The topic ‘Story/plot thread (updated with proposal)’ is closed to new replies.