Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Clan echo for new characters who join from the academy
This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 4 months ago by wash.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • wash Participant
      November 6, 2015 at 7:07 pm #27297

When a newly minted character joins a clan through the academy, the clan won’t learn about the new person unless they speak up on clantalk. Newer players are sometimes hesitant to pipe up on a global channel – and in some cases, they are unaware of the existence of clantalk.

It would be nice if clans got an alarm when when a new person joins through the academy.

• micheal Participant
      November 6, 2015 at 9:45 pm #27303

I agree with this. It makes it easier for the clan to know the player needs to be trained and helped. And it stops people who join clans for access to their facilities and resources while never acknowledging they are a member or contributing to them in any way.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 7, 2015 at 5:44 am #27304

This is the message we get when a new player takes the newbie option in the academy:

(IMM Notice) Walldo registering as a new player in the newbie academy. Please assist if needed.

So something like this? What should it say?

• Ryken Participant
      November 7, 2015 at 3:27 pm #27305

What if the player just gets a recho and a little introductory message clan’s can personalize that entreats them to “clan” at everyone if they want to?

You could even make it as simple as forcing them to view a help clan_republic_greeting or whatever file.

• wash Participant
      November 7, 2015 at 4:53 pm #27307

RE: Walldo – something like that would be great. Just, triggered on making a clan choice through the academy.

I’m unsure whether it should echo the person’s name, just say “someone”, or give their race.

@Ryken
      : New players may not always read everything that’s thrown at them, and sometimes they will be hesitant to speak up on a clan channel.

• micheal Participant
      November 7, 2015 at 7:45 pm #27308

You should make it something cool like. “Incoming Academy Shuttle – please report to (locaton) for pickup of new trainee.” Then the clan can have personnel designated to make contact with the recruit and to set them in the correct division. They can then help coordinate their training/issue gear.

• wash Participant
      November 10, 2015 at 1:32 pm #27323

@micheal: I’d be fine with that, although I expect anyone who is available at the time in my clan to help out a new member.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 15, 2015 at 8:49 am #27333

Hey! The staff has been talking this through and figuring out how we wanna word things but this should be up and running soon.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 15, 2015 at 8:05 pm #27335

Moving forward, clans will see some variation of this echo when someone joins from the academy:

&RClan Alert&r: &C$n&w, a $r, has joined the from the Academy. Their shuttle is about to arrive on : Please say hello and provide any assistance needed.

• wash Participant
      November 20, 2015 at 6:35 pm #27358

Thanks @Walldo and crew for putting this in!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.