Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline Build Time! – UPDATE: The Buildport is UP!
This topic has 30 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
    • Xavious Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 3:02 pm #24729

Players are generally going to want to reside on planets that either have the most utility in terms of shops, quests, training centers, and all the other amenities required for character progression or they just want to be where there is a high chance of interacting with other players. Characters that are already established will likely be more interested in the latter than the former. Many planets are one stop shops as mentioned by Walldo earlier when he talked about the hub/spoke model.

The reality of the situation is that, with the limited amount of players, there’s only so much room for distributed populations across the galactic landscape. We simply don’t have enough players to have large gatherings of people on every planet. It’s just not going to happen unless we have a huge spike in our player base. These types of dynamics are often seen in other major MMOs as well. There will always be locations that draw more players for one reason or another and other locations that remain sparsely populated.

• LED Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 4:27 pm #24730

Specific Idea: T3 Smuggling Quest

A Mob is found on planet A. He requests Player to help his family/brother/sister/wife/child who has been sold into slavery on Nal Hutta. Player flies to Nal Hutta and locates the target mob, then helps the target get out of captivity, to the spaceport, flies back to planet A, and reunites the pair.

I envision the ‘Slavers’ keeping the family member in a ship, so the Player would need to pick the ship lock. The ship doesn’t have to be at a landing pad.. maybe it is tucked back into a warehouse or hangar, so the Player would also need to sneak. Maybe even climb to the ship. Make it so lots of smuggling skills are necessary along the way. (climb onto the roof of a building, then sneak past the guards, drop inside the building and hide while a patrolling guard walks by, then steal a key from a sleeping guard to unlock the cage which is inside a firespray.)

The whole thing could be reminiscent of rescuing the Wookie gal on Kashyyyk, except more sneaking and less fighting. And more involved, of course. Experience gain might be at checkpoints along the course of the quest, so that the end result is significant. Along the lines of what hauling pamphlets from corellia to coruscant does for diplomacy in terms of experience gain.

Maybe there is even a one-time item that is useful to smugglers.. some sort of +luck boots or similar?

• StormRyder Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 6:37 pm #24732

That could work on almost any planet setting and thought out. Some it might require some remodeling or additions to areas.

• Xavious Participant
      February 17, 2015 at 8:13 pm #24733

@LED that’s a pretty solid quest idea for smugglers. I like it!

• StormRyder Participant
      February 23, 2015 at 11:31 am #24755

*makes a note to add something similar in any area he builds*

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 7, 2015 at 12:43 am #24861

Rojan has gotten the buildport sorted out. Yay! Stay tuned for more details.

• StormRyder Participant
      May 10, 2015 at 11:49 am #25248

So. . .Roche Asteroids. . .What would YOU like to see there?

• Seryb Participant
      May 12, 2015 at 2:53 pm #25257

Storm, we had some back in the day that were full of angry bugs. Were a little intense to be honest but fun to try and explore. I’d like to see something similar to that, the whole asteroid(s) shouldn’t be safe flagged and I would like to see stone and metal involved. (Not sure if you’re making one or more) Basically you would farm the raw materials to make potentially the best durasteel in game. Maybe have a raw crystal ore that is able to be dug up if you do a third asteroid. Or some crazed verpine vendor hidden away in the center of one that offers some differing piece of eq and or engi mat.

• StormRyder Participant
      May 12, 2015 at 4:05 pm #25258

Current design plans I have in mind call for 3 asteroids. One will have a public access shipyard that can only be entered after being allowed to purchase a pass/permit into it. I do have a quest set in mind that is repeatable (though not quickly) that offers 1 of 3 engi mats (still have to play with the progs).
      It will have the feel of being inside a carved out asteroid and working on some flavor modifications to sell it.
      what are these bugs you speak of?

• illyduss Participant
      June 12, 2015 at 1:55 am #25399

A traveling asteroid belt with masses that moved in a circle between a few given systems. Asteroid belts are pretty well spaced out but major clumps of the asteroids would make sense for this. When you enter hyper there may be a chance that said system your going to has a major clump passing through at that given random moment and you are pulled out of hyperspace with maybe some damage to your ship. Then within this clump put a series of small areas on some of the bigger asteroids where you can land, this could also serve as a space station which I saw in another post and since it moves you could essentially travel on the belt to another system further throwing off any trail you may have left. The idea is instead of hailing a taxi to stock zones you’d have to literally fly from one asteroid to another. On top of that make some of the clumps without areas and make it dangerous to fly through or even a possible ambush spot. I could really see some pure madness/pirate paradise coming out of this.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 12, 2015 at 3:54 am #25400

That is an interesting idea but I don’t know if code supports it. The areas (on the asteroids) would have to be moved to new sector coordinates periodically on its set path so it could do what your suggesting.
      I really like how it could interrupt your jump and that you could effectively ride it to a new system. Though, in reality, a group of asteroids moving through space would take years if not centuries in game time to cross one plantar system to anothet

• Seryb Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 9:02 am #25411

That would be awesome to land on a travelling asteroid belt and ride it to another system. Not sure how you would implement it. Would they be ‘ships’ technically with mini gravwells and hyperspeed for codes sake that periodically turn on between certain systems with random hypers moveing them to a different path?

• illyduss Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 12:09 am #25420

I was thinking that they would be coded as ships, which means you could also fire upon them. The time between them moving to one system to another would probably be pretty long like a few says, but they could move in system during that time too. It would also mean that maybe some nice players or one of the clans to be kind enough to map out their routes with predicted times that they’ll be in sector too. Might make for some super interesting battle tactics when overtaking a planet or navy.

• Bai Participant
      June 15, 2015 at 1:30 pm #25434

Tatooine was great last tl but someone gutted it for this timeline.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.