Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Anti-Climatic
Tagged: 
This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by Andvari.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Kebron Participant
      March 4, 2013 at 7:15 pm #21179

This whole thing of the mud crashing every time a battle takes place is getting kind of redonkulous, (a combination of rediculousness and the ass of a donkey) so much buildup to epic battles just to end up crashing and having the risk of the entire outcome change cus A) Who wants to log back in knowing they’re about to die a horrible outnumbered death? and B) what happens if said person logs back in FIRST and manages to use his few minutes while everyone else is still disconnected to make rediculous preparations that they otherwise would not be able to do? Puts a huge risk on both sides, very anti-climatic and kind of frustrating. Seems like its almost better to avoid large-scale conflict and stick to slitting individual throats or risk falling to a glitch of code/lag instead of actual player skill and roleplay.

• Bando Participant
      March 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm #21181

I think it adds a certain depth of “Strategy” to the mud. Think about your force’s numbers before invasion. It also forces players to match up in a battle of skills not numbers.

• authority Member
      March 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm #21182

Agree’d. We are using a system that the mud just can’t support and it is detrimental to the game.

• Karik Participant
      March 4, 2013 at 7:23 pm #21183

I wet myself.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 4, 2013 at 7:37 pm #21190

Be careful not to assume you know why the mud freezes or crashes when it does

• authority Member
      March 4, 2013 at 7:39 pm #21191

Its been fairly consistent in this regard.

• Henk Member
      March 4, 2013 at 7:42 pm #21193

Its been freezing during space battles a bit too often for it to become obvious.  Not sure what it is thats causing it, but the best guess I have is that the mass-calculations that needs to be run is something the server can’t handle. A look into what is causing it exactly would be nice though.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 4, 2013 at 7:46 pm #21194

It isn’t a server issue, it’s an SWR space code issue.

• Karik Participant
      March 4, 2013 at 7:47 pm #21195

It can’t be a server issue, its 2013.

• Andvari Participant
      March 14, 2013 at 3:51 pm #21302

It’s literally just too many ships in the air.  Squadrons need to be adjusted from single ships to “A squadron of TIE fighters.” and just have a statistic that represents how many individual fighters are left.

That would solve a lot of the issues for the server, as well as solve issues for people with shitty internet like myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.