Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Another Planet?
This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Claudius Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 1:41 pm #25485

As most of you who pay attention to OOC know, I’m working on a new planet that I expect/hope to be done with in time for the next TL. With that being said, building a planet from scratch is exhausting and time consuming, but pretty worth it in the long run. Which brings me to the point of this thread: a new planet.

I’m thinking of doing a Jedi world since I’m in the midst of building the Sith homeworld of Korriban. I’d like some thoughts on planets. Here are the possible planets, keep in mind, if I stick to the wookieepedia entry on some of these planets, they are going to be desolate rocks of waste.

Tython (Appears on TOR, looks lush, but as time goes on, was abandoned)
      Ruusan (Valley of the Jedi planet, appears in Dark Forces: Jedi Knight)
      Ossus (Was the storage planet of all the knowledge the Jedi possessed until Exar Kun showed up and detonated a weapon that turned it into a desolate landscape)
      Arbra (Lush world, used by Rebel Alliance during the war against the Empire)

Those are the 4 that come to mind, I’ll take one more suggestion and then put it to a vote and discuss it with the higher-than-me folks on whether or not its a good plan to act on.

Bye Felicia!

• rakun Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 1:47 pm #25486

We’ve had Arbra before – when I had my first Jedi.

Other than that, not sure if Ruusan would be best thematically for a Jedi base, I think Ossus and Arbra would be best.

Although Ruusan could be a part of some kind of an event?

• Oteri Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 1:49 pm #25487

Just looked at wookieepedia for a few. Tython looks purty. Do that one.

• illyduss Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 1:51 pm #25488

I think Pelgrin would be an awesome choice. A giant Force using computer would be awesome to see. Though Osso would be cool as well, but that is just because I want to see the Jedi Tree with it’s 40 lightsabres.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm #25490

re: Rakun

Currently, Arbra and Ossus are the same planet building-wise. It’s the same planet, the name just gets alternated. Tython is neat since there’s probably the most information about it after TOR.

• Kirash Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 3:25 pm #25491

I would like to see Tython.

• Paco Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 6:33 pm #25492

Tython could lead to some interesting force events down the road. Apparently its weather is affected by the balance of the force.

• Sarac Participant
      June 28, 2015 at 8:14 pm #25493

I’d like to see Tython, it was pretty neat on ToR

• Seryb Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 12:44 am #25496

Are we talking a planet that will have been forcer controlled at one point that can now be explored or just some spot for forcers only. I’m all for the former not so much the latter.

• Claudius Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 12:54 am #25497

Well, I’m not building a whole planet so that only 4 people can see it.

• Paco Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 2:14 am #25498

Well, we don’t follow canon so Tython can be altered for playability.

• Paco Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 2:16 am #25499

This quote from Wookieepedia makes me want to see Tython the most, lol:

“Tython is beautiful and powerful, enigmatic and dangerous, filled with mysteries and open to those comfortable with the Force. It was here long, long before us, and these mysteries persisted with no eyes to see them, no minds to contemplate them. And that is why I fear Tython. It means everything to us, and yet we are nothing to it. We are merely passing through.”

• Seryb Participant
      June 29, 2015 at 1:41 pm #25504

Sounds like a good idea then. It would be fun to explore a world that is different from the norm. Tython sounds cool.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.