Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline The Force Next Timeline (important post on page 6)
This topic has 108 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
    • Corey Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 1:22 am #25404

Instead of adding cortosis to the game so that every weapon designed is made of the stuff, why not just make weapons unbreakable? It accomplishes the same thing.

Edit: Meh that post comes across more snarky than I was wanting. I guess my question is, whats the point of adding it? What are we trying to accomplish? Are we trying to make it so regular combatants can attempt to stand toe to toe with a forcer? Would it really solve that much in the long run or is it more of an attempt to get them to try?

• Kirash Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 2:32 am #25407

It’s not exactly unheard of. I know they only put it in to justify a gameplay mechanic, but in Knights and Knights II, melee weapons were made with cortosis interwoven to keep them from breaking in combat with lightsabers and they were everywhere. Just saying.

• Andvari Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 8:04 am #25408

My thought was that cortosis weapons could result in a slightly lower avdam than conventional weapons, leaving melee combatants with some decisions to make.

Either way, cortosis(or indestructible weapons for that matter) will not really give conventional characters a huge advantage over forcers – what it does is improve survival when being jumped by a forcer.

Ideally improving the survival of conventional combatants vs forcers will result in more pvp due to less chicken shit behavior.

• Seryb Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 8:39 am #25409

I’m fine with cortosis being readily available or if people are worried it will be too easy to stockpile then make it 1 piece per char/account similar to the syren fibre bracers. I like the idea the avdamage being a little less than a standard weapon so it would still take a combined effort of combatants to take down a master level guy. Having the ability to wield a cortosis pike stop a few blows long enough to approach and shove your way out of the whole you probably dug yourself hopefully would make for more willingness to move about when forcers are active.

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.