Legends of the Jedi Forums The Next Timeline The Force Next Timeline (important post on page 6)
This topic has 108 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
    • Bai Participant
      June 2, 2015 at 6:55 pm #25360

I see where Corey’s going for sure. I was just thinking what Andvari might be trying to say is that if your jedi character is weaker now, you’ll be more careful with your alliances, battles, etc because you won’t necessarily have all of those skills to back it up. MAYBE it will force people to RP their way out of situations instead. The issue with that is that they might try.. but the other side will likely still not rp with them.

• Corey Participant
      June 9, 2015 at 5:03 pm #25365

I have this feeling that unless sense attunement is removed also, awaken shouldn’t be removed. They’re kind of a package deal. The reason behind that is if a forcer can tell who is sensitive but can’t awaken them, there is going to be a lot of sudden stockpiling of characters. “Hey, I think you would REALLY benefit from hanging out with me, but maybe also taking a vacation for the next 3 months.”

• Seryb Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 12:56 am #25368

I agree with Corey, if you are going to take out awaken at the beginning and restrict buying don’t let forcers sense who does have it so they can build up an idea of who they wan’t in their clan/enclave/whatever.

• jakbandit Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 2:30 am #25370

Order 66
      Jedi died from being ambushed and shot.

Jango Fett went toe to toe with several Jedi and won a few fights.

When just a couple destroyer droids rolled in on Obi Wan and Qui Gon, they had to flee.

Force users should be something to not be taken lightly, but it definitely needs to be toned down. I find it hard to believe that even a Master would deflect everything from a repeater, but of course I’m certain they’d slice and dice the individual as soon as they were close enough.

I agree with what has been stated earlier about changing the bonuses for the subclasses of forcers. I also agree with possibly making vibroswords and pikes not get broken by lightsabers as a way to help balance things.

Though I do recognize it may be hard to find the perfect solution since we lack a dedicated coder. Anyhow, I just though I’d throw my two cents in since I was lucky enough to play a forcer on my first character. I’m looking forward to seeing what all we do next timeline.

• Paco Participant
      June 10, 2015 at 7:07 pm #25373

It would be nice if vibroblades and pikes weren’t broken on -first contact- with a lightsaber, as it seems to be now. Give it like 5-6 hits, then make the dude with the (now broken) pike use another.

• Xavious Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 11:09 am #25377

They actually changed pikes in 2012 to require around 3 hits before breaking (changes 882). I’ve never really had the chance to test the full spectrum of possibilities for this change, such as if your opponent had lightsaber mastery and/or senses. I attempted to fight a Jedi with my Mandlorian and a stack of force pikes at some point last TL after these changes were made. In this situation it was not viable at all. He still ripped through every pike, very quickly, without taking a single hit. I don’t know if it was a master level forcer or not, but I concluded that force pikes were just about as useful for fighting forcers as they were before the change.

It’s going to take way more than 5-6 hits for there to be a significant difference in a non-forcer vs forcer melee battle. They will still disintegrate your melee weapon in a single round. Not to mention the fact that with pikes and blades being glorified cutlery right now, if you do manage to hit them by some miracle, you are barely going to do any damage at all. The higher durability might stall them for a bit to escape, but that’s about the extent of their usefulness.

• Andvari Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 12:01 pm #25378

The answer is simple: Make cortosis available in-game, either as a quest reward or an expensive crafting material.

This will do far more good than it will do harm, I assure you, and it won’t make bounty hunters unstoppable killers. It’s a fairly balanced way to do things.

• Corey Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 12:58 pm #25381

The thing with making cortosis freely available in game, almost regardless of how one obtains it, is that everyone would then have it…and then it falls into the not making sense category. It would have to be a really really difficult quest for it to go in game without everyone having a piece of equipment made with it (maybe like old Trando stuff?) Think about it, the lylek “quest” is currently the only thing comparable to such and every legit character regardless of their class is running around with a set of carapace gear.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 2:32 pm #25382

There would have to be several checks put in place using the cookie system if it was a quest reward. Multi tier non repeatable quest. Have to do several things before even getting chance to get a piece of raw. But with ability to have alts you just make an alt, have the alt do the quest, and turn it over.
      one check could be you have to over certain level on particular class to receive last leg of quest. Engi 125+ maybe? That would greatly reduce how many pieces float around the galaxy.

• StormRyder Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 2:35 pm #25383

Or make it do that you have to pay credits for the piece at end of quest reward but can only complete quest once every so many days and have to be over certain level in particular class.

• Seryb Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 3:42 pm #25384

Make it one piece per account.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 8:02 pm #25392

Why is everyone having it a problem?

• Seryb Participant
      June 11, 2015 at 8:49 pm #25394

Then you must choose whether you want it as a pike or a blade, don’t die or your screwed. Everyone gets it but if you lose it you have to kill to get more. Tho I could see some jedi/sith just mopping up people early to horde what can help level the field against them.

• Andvari Participant
      June 12, 2015 at 1:40 am #25398

I don’t understand what the problem is with everyone having cortosis. It will not unbalance the game at all, in fact, it will make the game more balanced than the current state.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
The forum ‘The Next Timeline’ is closed to new topics and replies.