Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Weapontype: Electropike
This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by Andvari.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Paco Participant
      July 24, 2014 at 5:09 am #24234

Well, I’ve been thinking about ground combat lately and I thought about how forcer and non forcer combat interactions could be increased. In the Star Wars shows they have a lot of these electro-forcepike weapons (Grievous bodyguards is where they are seen the most). They aren’t really that effective overall, but if you have enough people wielding them they can do some damage. Since cortosis doesn’t seem to work properly (or so I am told) would it be possible to establish electropikes as a new weapontype?

I was thinking the weapon would be mostly defensive, with a low damage yield. This would force regular combatants/bounty hunters to work in groups to contend with a single forcer.

They should be:
      – Expensive to produce
      – Moderately easy to damage with a lightsaber
      – Low damage yield
      – Two handed
      – Maybe introduce a new “special item” that is sold IG needed to produce them
      – Constantly drain energy, and quickly, perhaps a 5 second recharge time
      – I think the master electropike skill should be high tier combat, 130-150

Anyways, I won’t get too indepth with it. Let me know what you think.

• Paco Participant
      July 24, 2014 at 5:13 am #24235

Oh, and make it really heavy.

• Andvari Participant
      July 24, 2014 at 11:49 am #24238

Cortosis works just fine here.

• neven Participant
      July 24, 2014 at 1:23 pm #24239

Maybe I’m misunderstanding this it looks like you want just a worse version of pikes to exist.

– Moderately easy to damage with a lightsaber

• Paco Participant
      July 25, 2014 at 1:36 am #24243

If cortosis is working perfectly I’m fine with that, there just doesn’t seem to be any and when there is people just complain about how it sucks.

• Paco Participant
      July 25, 2014 at 1:39 am #24244

And no, force pikes are like giant stun batons. These weapons were made more specifically to combat lightsabers.

• Kirash Participant
      July 25, 2014 at 2:28 am #24245

Changes 882. Pikes were made more resilient to lightsabers, though not invulnerable. I honestly think we don’t really need this unless it comes up as a very special development, and even then it would have to be under very special circumstances and was very tightly regulated. I remember when some of us lobbied for indestructable pikes or swords on our Dathomiri to combat lightsaber jackholes from the JO and Imperium. At first, they said yes, but then took them away not even a day later. Then again, it was Anna who took them away and she’s not here anymore. However, I can tell you from personal experience dealing with the current Immortal staff that they will not introduce anything that will allow people to stand in a protracted battle tanking lightsabers without some kind of severe downside…if they’d even allow it at all. I’m not saying a little variety is a bad thing, but in this case, it most likely will not be an acceptable thing.

• Andvari Participant
      July 25, 2014 at 10:26 am #24247

Cortosis is highly regulated and occasionally released in era 3+.

• neven Participant
      July 26, 2014 at 9:00 pm #24251

I think Cortosis probably gets put in more often than most would think, not being able to be replicated, but here and there, and you just never hear about it because it almost always ends up in the hands of people who are never going to use it or at the very least test it to see if it does work or not (it probably does) since people seem to believe both sides of that.

• Logan Participant
      July 28, 2014 at 4:59 am #24252

It works and its been used a few times, though its been awhile since the last occasion. I believe the Neru Bas debacle was the last time. Its given out occasionally to BHers who app for it or get a set with the intent of forcer hunting.

I remember Solus had cortosis blades when they had the Te Akaande(Taung) mando era, sadly his blades died in the ship with him.

Forcepikes should have their resistance tweaked up again, last I checked it was about 4 hits to break one, as opposed to the first parry(usually) for blades.

• Andvari Participant
      July 28, 2014 at 9:32 pm #24253

Cortosis was in last timeline used by the Mand’alor, and the timeline before that it was widespread. I had a Cortosis pike on my Dathomiri BHer that I used to murder the Sith.

• Kirash Participant
      July 29, 2014 at 1:05 am #24254

Lucky you. The rest of us got ours taken away. Probably because you were a BH with like 5 levels of Force or something.

• Andvari Participant
      July 29, 2014 at 2:36 pm #24255

5 levels of force, yep. There was some cortosis ore handed out for a quest that era, and that’s where his came from.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.