Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Update to donate.
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 8 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Aydenn Participant
      July 24, 2014 at 7:15 pm #24240

Donate <account number> <amount>

Instead of calling a drone to receive credits from someone over a distance, you can give them an account to transfer credits into. Gets past the whole not being able to call or receive drones in certain locations. Useful for a multitude of things I guess, but i’m mostly thinking criminal with it 😉
      I’m open to any criticism, lay on the hate.

• CaptainJordan Member
      July 24, 2014 at 10:17 pm #24241

This seems similar to the wire credits topic posted a while back. Just…without the need to be a slicer.

Honestly, I like this functionality. I think it should be possible, it would make transferring credits much easier for high-cost services and products. Also for the aforementioned criminal ventures. ‘Twould make it much more fun to kidnap someone for ransom.

• Kirash Participant
      July 25, 2014 at 2:32 am #24246

One thing I like to do is have people “dead drop” credits into an unprotected account that I could syphon with hack. Sure, it came with the risk that someone might try to have you killed by protecting the account, but that risk only comes if you’re dumb and have less than 5k credits and aren’t in a safe-flagged room. Right now, the donate command is tied into clans where people use it to donate into clan funds. It isn’t hard to get credits and keep your anonymity. It just requires a little creative thinking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.