Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Trade Embargo Thought
This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 5 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Paco Participant
      October 13, 2014 at 4:10 am #24373

With this era of many clans, I was thinking of ways conflict could be handled without all-out war needing to be declared off the bat. So I thought about how clans make money (usually cargo, among other things).

With cargo in mind, I felt it would be interesting if clans had an “embargo” empowerment, where they could disallow members of a certain clan from trading goods on their planet (they could still illegally trade it, of course).

I felt this might add a bit more tension, make a public echo about it like the war messages “x clan has embargoes y clan, no members of y clan can trade on x clans planet”.

Thoughts?

• Gyndi Participant
      October 13, 2014 at 7:21 am #24374

There is already an embargo clan empowerment. It gets used sometimes, but in the past I think most people would start a war instead of using it.

• Paco Participant
      October 13, 2014 at 3:02 pm #24375

There is a way to embargo a single planet from all trade, but not prohibit one clan specifically from trading on all of a separate clans planets.

• Kirash Participant
      October 13, 2014 at 6:07 pm #24376

I had honestly thought it was odd that you can only embargo a planet you own. I guess in some situations, it would work (i.e. Cargo Act this timeline), but for the most part, if you are going to put sanctions on a planet, nine times out of ten, it’s going to be on a planet that is run by people you don’t like/politically disagree with. I would much rather be able to prevent, say the CIS, from running cargo on Republic worlds than prevent BOTH Republicans and CIS from doing so. Instead of limiting it to just clan ships, make it something like when you’re at war and the CIS people can’t use taxis on Republic planets. If the Republic sanctions the CIS, make it where CIS people can’t buycargo or sellcargo on Republic worlds. It would also give a wonderful thing to do with the trafficking skill.

• Paco Participant
      October 13, 2014 at 6:14 pm #24378

It would look like this, essentially:

Government : The Rebel Alliance
      Description:
      Following the Great War of Liberation against the Galactic Empire, the Rebel
      Alliance now stands at a major turning point. The time for fighting is over,
      and it is now time to rebuild the war-torn worlds affected by the great
      conflict. The Rebel High Command stands ready to accept representatives from
      Alliance-protected worlds with the aims of creating a mutually beneficial
      constitution guaranteeing the rights of each Alliance citizen. Representatives
      are needed from Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Corellia, and Ryloth to draft and ratify
      the document, wherein the new civilian leadership will take command of the once
      mighty military organization and transform it into a democratic government that
      seeks to uphold liberty and freedom for sentience across the galaxy.

Those interested in becoming part of this fledgling government can send mail to
      Dr. Landrios Pangloss, Corolai Blik, or Madi for further details and
      instruction.
      For general inquiries, please use channel 10.

Type: Government
      Leader: Landrios
      Number One: Corolai
      Number Two: Madi
      Allied with:
      Currently Embargoing:

A Neutral Government
      At War With:

The Imperial Remnants
      Members: 1+
      Troops: 0
      Spacecraft: 164
      Vehicles: 0
      Planets Controlled: 5
      Average Popular Support: 0
      Monthly Revenue: 153451
      Hourly Wages: 100
      Total Funds: 131371831

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.