Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Planet Boons/Perks.
This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 11 months ago by Faern.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Aydenn Participant
      January 15, 2015 at 3:52 pm #24551

Lots of things recently suggested, I’m sure our coders have enough on their plates but here goes.
      I feel war is LotJ’s staple and could use some additions to make things more interesting.
      Give each planet some kind of incentive to capture besides having a larger fleet.
      Something that gives the clan in control a decent bonus and the extreme want to defend the
      planet for fear of losing that advantage. Just something besides the usual fleet advantages
      like proximity to the enemy home for refueling and fleet size. What the bonuses are can be
      discussed and can even change from era to era, or TL. War on LotJ needs some sprucing up!

• Kirash Participant
      January 15, 2015 at 7:40 pm #24552

I’m all for this. One of my favorite things about Star Wars Empire at War was the bonuses inherent with capturing planets. This aspect of war really does need a looking at sometime. It would make for interesting strategizing.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 17, 2015 at 12:36 am #24559

Interesting idea. Start brainstorming some planet bonuses!

• magrog Participant
      January 17, 2015 at 8:49 am #24561

Corellia give bonus to shipbuilding. (More quota? Dunno)
      Coruscant give bonus to leadership or diplomacy (Call skill?)

• Seryb Participant
      March 3, 2015 at 3:18 pm #24842

I saw this post ages ago and think it’s a great idea. So here goes some planetary perk ideas for the governing clans players and or clan overall.

Coruscant: Diplomats from government are 10-20% better at Inspirecrime, Propaganda etc.
      Arkania: Scientists from government are 5-10% better at developing/teaching sciences.
      Corellia: Due to the extensive shipping lanes governments gain an additional 10% on cargo sold here. (10 on the cargo they sell, or 10% extra on that taxes they get from others selling.)
      Tatooine: The locals take down 1 krayt a week for you. A hide would automatically go to clan’s vault every Sunday to be purchased for 1 credit.
      Kashyyyk: Kashyyyk exported a lot of electronics so maybe a special ship circuit that does 1.5 times that of standard… Say 500/week to the vault
      Nal Hutta: Being tied to the stingy hutts all government members get 10% off anything for sale by NPC or player vendors.
      Ryloth: Governments gain access to a slave force that makes ships build 10% faster when they’re engineers are working on them
      Naboo: Special plasma batteries are delivered weekly to the governing clan (Potentially only way to get best in game battery.) Say 3-7/week
      Alderaan: Using old shipwright stations still in orbit government vessels refuel 10-20% faster when in system. (Mainly for cappies)
      Lorrd: Minerals are mined weekly for the governing clan giving 3-7 chunks of durasteel/week to the clans vault. (Another instance where it could be the best material out there, until developments of course)
      Mon Calamari: Using old shipwright stations still in orbit government vessels refuel 10-20% faster when in system. (Mainly for cappies) This is a copy of Alderaan I was thinking planets closer to Coruscant might provide more travel bonus where stuff farther out might add more material benefits.
      Ord Mantell: Illicit cargo sells for 1.5 times it’s price here for government members. (Maybe spice and weapons.) This would also require spice and weapons becoming a viable trade resources there.

I think I got every planet we currently have in

• Seryb Participant
      March 3, 2015 at 3:19 pm #24843

Also if this ever happened maybe a planetary perks line could be added to score so you know what all your character is being affected by.

• StormRyder Participant
      March 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm #24844

Sounds like an awesome idea. Sounds like a pain to code, lots of if checks…

I like it

• Faern Participant
      April 22, 2015 at 8:23 am #25186

Mon Cal should have the shipbuilding bonus, considering their status in canon.
      Ryloth and possibly Nal Hutta should have something more to do with spice, especially since certain clan governments wouldn’t be very likely to use slave labor (Republic)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.